Planted Tanks Update

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
Tanks are all progressing smoothly. Wish I could give them some more time and get them all completely sorted out. There are little issues with all of them. Changed the bulbs on the 55 gallon about a week ago and of course now I have a slight algae problem. I guess that was to be expected though. I ran my 1st set of bulbs to the ground. First one burnt out after about 2.5 years. My CO2 diffuser has seen much better days too. I actually ground the disk with the dremel for a 2nd time to get all the algae off it in an attempt to get it to work better. Fish are all doing well. Keep saying I should try my hand at raising rainbows again. Sock puppets are looking weird like they always do lol.
P1190014.jpg

P1180989.jpg

P1190070.jpg

P1190069.jpg

P1190001.jpg

P1180984.jpg

Then my 20 gallon which grows more plants and holds a lot of fish I don't want nor am bothered enough to get rid of. CO2 is down on this tank, going on a month now. I need tubing, stuff I has does not work with the setup on this tank and its really annoying. Running almost 3wpg and plants are starting to get leggy.
P1180967.jpg

15 gallon has made most progress. Still trying to get a scape I am satisfied with. This tank has a slight cloudiness that I am working on getting rid of. It was started as a bet about something like not being able to aquascape lowtech and make it look good(or something silly like that). Anyway my own kinda take on low tech. Branched of El Natural method. Dirt, sand, clay, and some sticks from my yard. A few pieces of drift wood. No filter. weekly or biweekly water changes. No additives at all. Pushing close to 3wpg of cheap light. A dozen or so fish currently till I can get some more. Holds all nano fish I believe. The cute little sparrow boraras and gerturdae rainbowfish are my faves.

P1190159.jpg

P1190183.jpg

P1190234.jpg

P1190238.jpg

Lastly my paludarium which I think needs to be redone this summer. I bought a sundew which I have wanted for a long time and it has taken up residence in the middle of my hardscape(pretty sure you can't miss it) lol. Tank is doing okay, all the plants are happy for the most part. Sundew is flowering actually and there is a slight algae problem in the water. Wish I could somehow incorporate the sundew into the scape, but I have no idea how I could make that work =/. Water was changed 3-4 weeks ago. Currently holds very little to nothing in livestock. Water still maintains itself while being stagnant. Did a very rare, like yearly, nitrate test on the tanks and surprisingly (to me at least) got zero on this tank. Considering the couple pounds of black dirt in the tank and the 20ppm in my tap I wasn't expecting that. None of my tanks have ever hit zero before. The 15 gallon can cut it close to 10ppm. The high techs can't go near those numbers :lol:. Hope you guys enjoy them all and thanks for looking at least if you didn't lol.

P1180972.jpg

P1180973.jpg

STUNNING!!!!, love your close up of the Angel :wub:

Keith.

Well done!!! Your tanks look amazing!!!

what are those eel like things?

What are the fish in the second picture called? They are lovely.

Wow! Great tanks, good photography and helpful advice over in our beginners section. You've got it all Mikaila. Many thanks for your advice and help and participation in the time we've been members.

WD

BLIMEY, you know how to make a tank look nice! :drool:

I have some ideas now! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back