Planted aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Craiglufc

Reaction score
So around 6 months ago I decided to change to a planted aquarium. I have water wisteria and java fern. My java fern is doing really well but my wisteria is really struggling (transparent/dying leaves). I'm using root tabs and dosing with Seachem flourish fertiliser, yet still my plants are looking unhealthy. They are still growing but looking very bleak. Is there anything I'm missing?

Funny enough but I also struggled with water wisteria. No matter what I did they all seemd to just disappear in a few weeks. The shrimp were seen eating the dead leaves though so at least served some purpose.
Anyway, I did a look around and found this.
My latest attempt is still hanging on though it lacks much colour. Plently other things going on right now but when i can I'll be trying to get it going again. Perhaps just some mineral deficiency.

Its so frustrating isn't it. I got wisteria because its an easy plant that grows well and would fill 1/3 of my tank. Its not close to dying because before the old leaves get eaten by my shrimp, its already sprouting new leaves. It looks so ugly though and certainly not what I had visioned for it. I may scrap the wisteria and use another plant. Maybe they are not as easy as people say, or maybe we just suck 🤦‍♂️🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back