Planted 52

AquaBarb

Supporting Member
Tank of the Year!
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Cheers bud, yeh im much happier with it. Im on the verge of pulling the sword out though, its massive! The leaves are bigger than my hands. If I do I think the red plants will go in its place so, back left. Might keep the centre clear and then when the crypts grow out back-right, it should frame it nicely. Saw your update earlier, looking spectacular, do you not suffer from algae at all? Your plants look perfect
I dont no. I never have in that tank. I only tend to get algae in my 22g and i think thats down to lighting (just added a dimmer to hopefully stop that)

Tbf all the anubias and some of the crypts are only a week old and just bedding in but i cant see me having any algae problems.

OP
OP
mbsqw1d

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
@AdoraBelle Dearheart what do we have here!? ?
IMG_20210213_153639.jpg

OP
OP
mbsqw1d

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
This Echinodorus Impai is going to have to go. Seems a shame as its grown amazingly well but I can't comprehend how enormous it is, who would actually want this thing in their tank?
IMG_20210220_195121.jpg

OP
OP
mbsqw1d

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Stuck a different sword (Echinodorus bleheri) in place of the other monster and split the alternanthera rosaefolia up that went a bit mad when I started dosing iron. Fairly happy and looking forward to the crypts (back-right) to grow in. It needs more plants though.. open to suggestions
IMG_20210223_203257_chroma.jpg

EllRog

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Stuck a different sword (Echinodorus bleheri) in place of the other monster and split the alternanthera rosaefolia up that went a bit mad when I started dosing iron. Fairly happy and looking forward to the crypts (back-right) to grow in. It needs more plants though.. open to suggestions
View attachment 129662
Waiting for @PheonixKingZ to suggest anarcharis

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
View attachment 129662
Hmmm... I suggest Anacharis. :hey:

Most reactions