Plant Id

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevotedToDiscus

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this plant for me. I have looked in all my books and can't find it, and I am having issues with the stems rotting. So not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, or if in fact the plant is not 100% aquatic ????

Cheers.

Attachments

• Plant.jpg
    Plant.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 62
looks a little like a plant in one of ians tanks Hydrocotle here

its not that plant

looks like it from google images

Could It be brazilian penneywort?

Fishy Friend Number Two...... I bow to your knowledge of all things which grow green
thanks.gif

It's a marsh plant, which will explain why the stems are rotting! I see some versions are even edible, which is good, for when I go a feed it to the person who sold it to me!!!!
angry.gif

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

some marsh plants live in the aquarium... anubias for example

Ur welcome, and it can be grown completely submerged, and it can be grown emersed so it is weird that it is rotting.... Hmmmm I wonder why

Does this match your water conditions? http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/380774-cardamine-lyrata-care-sheet/

Ur welcome, and it can be grown completely submerged, and it can be grown emersed so it is weird that it is rotting.... Hmmmm I wonder why

Does this match your water conditions? http://www.fishforum...ata-care-sheet/
I think the strain I have is a little different, Pennywort Imperial possibly. I found it online and the leaves should be out of the water. Also says it likes cooler temps and my tank is like a bath(86F), so I think that doesn't help. I will find a replacement. Maybe a dwarf lily or something. I need something similar to that Pennywort as it fits nicely in that section of the tank. Anything you can suggest would be welcome ;)

Could It be brazilian penneywort?

I see some versions are even edible, which is good, for when I go a feed it to the person who sold it to me!!!!
angry.gif

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

I found this funny. Make sure he thinks it's yummy. Lol :) :good:
Yeah, I have got a pound of aquarium salt I can serve with it!

Ooh and don't forget the main course.... Any of the fish he's ever sold you that died. Dig them out from your septic tank. Hahaha!!!! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back