Plant Donations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry guys. Ppl in the uk that are after some pm me please.

time for a thread clean up...please can we keep spam to a minimum as donations get lost.

PS Steve please feel free to repost the Java fern after this post :good:

@KittyKat, sorry for the delay, I've had some issues to deal with & haven't been home for a couple days.. Baby crypts are actually perfect for me, though, & don't need many at all.. one or two would be lovely. I should be back home tomorrow, will PM you then. :)

bumbleweasle: cool, I'd like to send them out tomorrow, so please PM me your address in the morning.

Hello. I would like to take ANY excess plants off someone's hands. I'm into recycling and reusing so I'd hate for people to toss away plants such as the many stories I heard about people tossing away java moss.

I can give you guys something in return if you'd like. Right now I have some little balls of 1 cm marimo balls. I cut them up so they would have more surface area to grow faster, which is why. :3 I think I have 20 to spare at the moment. Maybe more. :3

Hello! Feedback for KittyKat = plants arrived v. quickly & looked like they would have been very healthy, but sadly they were completely flattened in the post! I'm not having much luck with postal services at the moment!!! Thanks anyway, I don't think this was your fault, & I hope your moss is OK. :)

bumbleweasle, I haven't gotten the moss yet.. are the crowns (/rhizomes) ok? If they are, the leaves should grow back without a problem.

hehe, they looked like they'd been stored under a brick! There's one piece of thicker root that looked OK though so i stuck it in there on the offchance.

Blimey.. they might still recover, if not, I'll send you some more in a few weeks.. I don't have that many baby ones around. Did you notice how they had really long roots? Bury those well, but try to make sure that the crown is above substrate, will increase chances of recovery, in my experience.

By the way, moss arrived just now :) as you say, it's not much, but I am positive that it will grow very quickly for me, so I'm happy with what I got, especially as it's all very green ;)

I have lots of pennywort, if anyone's interested. Would love to trade for some sword of any kind, or moss.

I wouldn't mind some more pennywort. I'll put it in the nursery tank this time. LOL I've got a few small crypts I could swap for it. :D They aren't extra or anything, but I don't think I'll miss them. It will take just as long for them to fill in with or without those few.

Don't worry about the swap. I'll just send you some. I've got enough crypt to last me a long time! LOL!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back