Plant Care

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TropicalJuwel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just need some help with plants really. Earlier this year I upgraded my tank and deciced to give live plants a try, I wanted to go down the easy route with plants that dont need much care but like always you end up seeing these really nice plants that demand more. I used jbl's aqua basis plus as the bottom layer and jbl's manado on top, I am currently 3 weeks into dosing api's leaf zone as my lfs said 1 of he's other customers was saying he had good results from it but I'm now worried that wont be enough for my plants, I know it wont be for a plant I purchased yesterday at the aquatics live which is eusteralis stellata, other plants are vallis nana, microsorum pteropus windelov (got that yesterday at aquatics live aswell) limnophila sessiliflora, cryptocoryne parva. Luwigia ovalis (think thats the one I have) java fern and riccia which I am trying to grow as a grass at the bottom using mesh pads. I have a juwel rio 400 with the lights on 10-11 hours a day, they are both 54w and the lights are 1 daylight and 1 nature, hope this is all info you need so I guess my question is what is my best option for keeping them healthy, I didnt want to go down the route of co2 if possible so is there anything else I would need to add? Sorry for the long topic wanted to try and get everything in.

Would it be worth dropping leaf zone and using tropica plant nutrition and also a liquid carbon?

Any ideas would be great

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back