Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

plant care

Discussion in 'Lighting, CO2, Ferts & Flow' started by mikeadelle, Jan 10, 2003.

1. mikeadelle

mikeadelle Member

A little advice about what fertilizer to use. At present I am Leaf Zone once a week, I was looking at the New Leaf site and they were saying how good this stuff is EI5 IRON FERTILISER (20 tablets for 400 litres) £ 5.25
    V30 UNIVERSAL FERTILISER (50ml for 400 litres) £ 4.75 however as you can see you don't get much for your money? I don't have load of plants at present but over time I hope to add to them. Any advice welcome!!

Hygrophila Corymbosa "Siamensis." Echinodrus Bleheri. Bacopa Caroliniana. There are also Java Fern and moss balls. :sad:

2. Great Lakes

Great Lakes Always do right, not popular...

I am not the pro, but I have had good luck with the leaf zone and good lighting.

3. Rose

Rose Member

I used Leaf Zone in the past and wasn't real happy with the way my plants were growing when using it. Since then I have been using the Seachem line of plant ferts and what not. I highly recomend it and have been very pleased with the look of my plants. They have everything from liquid CO2, iron, trace elements, nitrates, potasium and some others. They also have a couple different substraits for planted aquariums. I think you get a lot more bang for the buck with the Seachem stuff. Rose