Plans For The Future

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

guppy2198

Reaction score
Hi everyone. In my biube I have one guppy and in the future I want more of a variety of fish. The biube holds 35l and can have a max of 12 fish. However, this is not what the traditional formulae says. I thought of having 6 guppies (male) and a shoal of 6 Neon tetras and 1 cherry shrimp. Then I thought of having 6 guppies and two paltys or dwarf gourmies both according to the instructions are recommended for the biube. As I said in a previous topic I would love a betta but have read they do not get on with fancy guppies and need poor aeration that would not be good for the other fish. Any advice from people
who have biorbs/biubes or know a lot about stocking tanks would help a lot as I do not want to buy fish and then regret my purchase. Thanks.

Hi everyone. In my biube I have one guppy and in the future I want more of a variety of fish. The biube holds 35l and can have a max of 12 fish. However, this is not what the traditional formulae says. I thought of having 6 guppies (male) and a shoal of 6 Neon tetras and 1 cherry shrimp. Then I thought of having 6 guppies and two paltys or dwarf gourmies both according to the instructions are recommended for the biube. As I said in a previous topic I would love a betta but have read they do not get on with fancy guppies and need poor aeration that would not be good for the other fish. Any advice from people
who have biorbs/biubes or know a lot about stocking tanks would help a lot as I do not want to buy fish and then regret my purchase. Thanks.

i dont kwow about bettas needing poor aeration, i thought they could just withstand badly oxygenated water because they can breath from the surface.

I worked in an aquatic shop many years ago, and of all the fish the bettas never did great...probably because they weren't in their own perfect conditions whilst on display. But there may be some experienced people on here who can help you if that is what you want. just dont get 2 males!

A typical betta splendens will do fine with a guppy but in some cases the betta will deviate from the norm and attack a guppy. If you decide to go with a betta, you just need to watch for a day or two and make sure the betta is not doing any damage to the guppy. If it is one of the more aggressive bettas, it will need top be separated from the guppy. I have always kept my bettas in community tanks and have never had that kind of problem but I must admit the possibility since so many people seem to think it is inevitable.

Most reactions

Back