Plans For A New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

drobbyb

Bowhead
Reaction score
Even though I have no idea when I will be able to set up a new tank, I kinda want to make plans for it.

I was thinking a 30 long tank with AC 70 filter, black gravel, and M. kamaka stocking.

I have found a source for these fish, and the seller usually has them up and breeding, so that's a plus.

Anyone have any specific experience with them?

it's fish like this i dont understand. M. kamaka to me look like colorless M. lacustris, so why would you want to switch unless it was for the "cool" factor of having rare fish? I know i'm not helping with your thread but come on, you've had M. lacustris long enough that I think you'll find yourself wanting for some color with M. kamaka :huh:

and are you thinking of the 30g tank 'cause it's small enough you might slip it pass the landlord? :shifty:

I'm hoping that I can talk them into letting me have a small tank. Actually, I quite like the look of M. kamaka and they stay small enough so I can keep 10 in a 30 gallon.

True they don't have alot of color when compared to lacustris, but the white/silver coloration they develop kind of looks like they are covered in a whitish silver dust.

well it sounds you have things planned out well. i didnt know kamaka stayed that small! Good luck with them!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back