Plak-tastic! (now a spawn thread)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

flautist said:
How much would one of your DTs be? I usually am not crazy about plakats, but I LOVE red DT plakats. :D
[snapback]889928[/snapback]​

teehee, I just made room on my desk for another tank... ;) I've already got my mind set that I'm getting another betta... and it's going to be a nice one... no more rescues for a little while. I'm sure I'll do more rescues eventually, but right now all of my fish are rescues, and though they are all beautiful and I wouldn't trade them for the world, I want something different!!

Sorry to be late with this comment, but wuv your reds are huge. The red boy you sent me is way bigger than all the rest of my bettas.

oppositearmor said:
Don't Cull some!  I'll take some of the deformed ones off your hands, if i have enough room.
[snapback]889891[/snapback]​
uhhm.... -_- I don't cull and thankfully there are no deformities in either spawn. I do have a couple 'marbles' with poor swim bladders, but that's just about it.

Thanks for the comments guys, I've neglected this thread this week :/ But I'm happy to report that everyone is doing fantastic.

The DT's...*sigh* I don't know what's up with them but they are aggressive little cusses, I swear. At two weeks old I saw two of them rough housing, and it seems they get very agitated with each other :dunno: It's so odd for being so young.I might have to just jar them.
The color is coming in very nicely as well. They're leaning towards a burnt sienna type color...? I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see.

The other spawn is still all white, which I take as a good sign for marbling :nod: I'll have to look up an old spawn thread to see exactly how old they were before I noticed I had marbles last time.

I'll keep you all posted ,there will be some available when they're old enough :nod:

EDIT~ And also :lol: By the sounds of it, my fish are cows!! :lol:

I want a red DT, wuv! Preferably male, but I would take a female... either way, he/she is going in his/her own 2.5 gal. tank. :)

Flautist :*

Ok guys, this will be my last bump of this thread as I'm sure you're all sick of seeing it bumped up :*) :p

But, we're one month old now!!!!!! :wub:
Little DT attempting a flare at my finger, what a turd :rolleyes: (told ya's they're mean!)
1dtb.jpg

Almost a group shot, I couldn't get everyone to participate (including my favorite who is so,so red finned right now!)
1dtb2.jpg

I'll edit in marble pics, these were on my camera from last night and I have a syphon going in the marble tank atm :look: I didn't realize it was their month birthday until just a second ago. It seems like it's been longer though :S

Notice how straight all of the DT spines are.....interesting.

Ok, here are some marbles (or potential marbles) but they're not nearly as adorable as the dt's (shhh, don't tell them that! They're just going through a fugly stage!) They all have their fathers ugly mouth. It's not exactly *ugly* but it's very pouty and mean looking. Extremely down-turned and different. I wondered if it would show up in them and it apparently has..
1mf.jpg

1mf2.jpg

1mf3.jpg

1mf4.jpg

DaSauce89 said:
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I just love them :D
[snapback]895572[/snapback]​

Ditto to that DaSauce! The fry look awesome! Great job! Do you think you'll have some available? I'm getting greedy. :)

Gorgeous babies :wub:

I love seeing how spawns are growing and getting colours etc, don't stop "bumping" the topic Wuv :no:

Joby :wub: I'll most likely bump it in a couple of months when they're "done", as for developement they're pretty updated now. Its the first month, as you know, that they make all of their milestones :wub:

Thanks for the comments, guys.
FE~ it seems like it's been forever, but yet it did indeed fly by. I think the "forever" feeling is because of having so many grow outs to change each night. Not to mention the baby brine shrimp (oh bbs, how I hate thee,let me count the ways :p ) Thankfully I've switched them to frozen food this week and I'm putting my bbs cultures away today after the last batch hatches ( :hyper: yay! counter space!)

lljdma~ Yes, but not for a couple of months. I don't ship out until they're well over three months old. Until then they're mne,mine,mine :*)

DaSauce~ me too :wub: I do love me some baby bettas :wub: :wub:

wuvmybetta said:
lljdma~ Yes, but not for a couple of months. I don't ship out until they're well over three months old. Until then they're mne,mine,mine :*)

Hey I can wait that long. You'll probably be shipping to Miami, FL instead of Champaign, IL because I'll probably be home for X-mas break, when they're ready. I already pee on a male marble, I think they are super cute and not "fugly"! They have great personality! I love the lip. :cool: Froh's face looks like an ugly troll, so I'm partial to funny faces.

The DTs. OMG, the DTs! :wub: :wub: :wub:
This pic made me crack up the second I saw it. That facial expression is just too funny! :rofl:
1mf3.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: hahaha :p That is a great pic...looks like she snapped it in the middle of a sentence....either that or hes really surprised....

heh heh, he was closing in on some bbs. Their last meal of it to be exact :whistle: They're on big kid food from here on out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back