Plak-tastic! (now a spawn thread)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Same old fish :p Just new pictures that I snapped last night after lights out.
I can never,ever,ever get a decent shot of this fish that is worthy of him...but I got two semi good one's last night
1rb.jpg

1rb3.jpg

A couple greens
1rb5.jpg

1rb8.jpg

Little guy who won Best of Show..
1rb9.jpg

My next breeding male..
He say's "Whaaaat...?"
1rb4.jpg

"You mean I'm going to be a daddy?"
1rb7.jpg

I hope so,little man.

Cutie pie :wub:
1rb6.jpg

Bad shot, but adorable :wub:
1rb90.jpg

This guy is gorgeous, of course I'm not his breeder, just his keeper :p I got him at the auction in June.
1rb2.jpg

Thanks for looking :* Pardon my water spots :*)

those greens and green spawnmates are lookin mighty fine kelly. and that copper is great.
good luck spawning :D

All I can say is Wow! :drool:

I was going to say the first guy is my fav, then I got to the one you are going to breed next. Then the DT. I can't decide. Your fish are amazing. It is a good thing you are so far away, you don't have to worry about my coming in the dead of night to raid your fish room. :D :rofl:

Thanks, folks!
"Daddy to be" is going in a spawn tank in just a bit. I set it up last night with him in mind :hey: I'm going to use this clear female, who is his sister..
qra.jpg

FE~ Come steal my fish, please!! :hey: :whistle:

Sam~ Aren't they turning out darling?!

That's what I love about plakats, they just get better with age B)

That BOS steel blu'ish male is kind of plain compared to his siblings. He stepped up to the plate and gave his all during judging though, so I'm proud of him for that :wub:

Your girl is so pretty too. They should make beautiful babies. I don't have the time, patience, space or inclination to breed my fish, so I will live vicariously through you and other breeders online. Keep us posted on how they get on together.

FishEnthusiast said:
Your girl is so pretty too. They should make beautiful babies. I don't have the time, patience, space or inclination to breed my fish, so I will live vicariously through you and other breeders online. Keep us posted on how they get on together.
[snapback]852962[/snapback]​

It's a deal :) I'm a little nervous about that female. I have her lined up for several spawns, since she'll work so perfectly. But she's fiesty as hell :X She just oozes attitude and my boys (from the red spawn) are really docile, so we shall see. I have a clear male from the red spawn too. And if I do her with him I *should* get all clear fry, which is what I really want. But he's a wimp and she's a hellion, I don't know if it's a good combo...

Thanks, Tokis and Alix

wow that red marble is absolutely beautiful..lol and he does look like raspberry cheesecake. mmmm cheese cake :drool: .

Those shoudl be some fantastic looking babes. :kewlpics:

He really is pretty :nod: And thanks!
The handful of marbles that I have, haven't really changed so much and I love that. They say marbles change forever and I know most usually go black, mine seem very clean. I hope the fry turn out just like him, if not even better.

wow its hard to believe that that little guy won bos over some of your other fish.
good luck with those spawns!

wow its hard to believe that that little guy won bos over some of your other fish.
It's funny. I pulled Jim Sonnier to the side,made him look again and asked why him, and not the others ( just curious) and at that moment the purple and green were going flare crazy. Jim,after seeing them, said he was a little embarrassed that he picked the blue one now that he'd seen the others give their all :lol: But that's why he won....because at the moment of judging he WAS being the best. Attitude and display have everything to do with who gets first place :) :wub:

Thanks for the well wishes. I get the feeling he will do great!

Thanks for the comments, Amber :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back