Plak-tastic! (now a spawn thread)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

heh heh, Andie

fishykisses~ :* They're doing very well. I just moved them into a "semi- growout" last night. I just had to get them out of that spawn tank, there's just too many of them for that much space. I'll have to move them again eventually. I usually wait until they're around four weeks or so, but they seriously couldn't wait another day :blink:

These two spawns are confusing the daylights out of me though. The DT spawn, first of all, is only two weeks old and nearly four times the size of the marbles. I would write this off as a case of more room for more growth (less fish etc) but that's not the case because the DT's have been so much larger from the first day that they hatched. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps my old red grandpa carried a giant gene...? And if maybe these guys are half giants? Perhaps it came out in this particular spawn. It just doesn't make any sense if this isn't the case at all.

Also, at two weeks old they already have ventrals AND labyrinths, which usually doesn't happen until three weeks. So, I'm stumped :dunno:

The marble spawn, on the other hand, does not have ventrals yet. When I dumped them in the bigger tank last night they began taking gulps of air within minutes so, they've got their labyrinths at least. But again- it's so early :huh: I feel like a first timer all over again. I see the beginning of ventral sprouts on a few of the bigger ones.

Took these last night after the move..
A DT taking a breath of air :wub:
1mss2.jpg

lil marble babies (hopefully marbles, anyway!)
1mss.jpg

"Ya think she see's us?"
"I dunno, stay really still..."
1mss4.jpg

And finally, cruising space....woohoo,look at em go! :p
1mss5.jpg

I need to go pick up a couple sponge filters today. I have a few oldies but, long story short...I don't trust them anymore.

Awww, you've got prodigies! :flex:

Of course I have zero breeding experience and consequently no idea regarding growth rates, but is it possible you've just gotten so good at it that they now thrive as never before? :look:

Regardless, they are truly gorgeous; fat lil white tummies, and the one of the two little guys hiding by the leaf still has me cracking up. They're too, too adorable :wub:

*chants softly to herself* You do not want them, you do not want them, you do not . . .

out of all of those, roughly how many do you estimate live to old enough to ship out?

Angelika said:
out of all of those, roughly how many do you estimate live to old enough to ship out?
[snapback]878800[/snapback]​
All of them. In my past experiences anyway. Usually after the first week everyone who's still alive has officially "made it" past the crucial stage. The next hurdle is the development of labyrinths- and they're all there :) You lose the occasional one due to stupid accidents like gravel vacs or plant weights unfortunately.

Andie~ You flatter me :* :p But I don't think that's the case. I'm really stumped by these punks and I can't wait to see them grow. :look:

wuvmybetta said:
I'm really stumped by these punks and I can't wait to see them grow. :look:
[snapback]878804[/snapback]​

*gasp* :eek: I know what it is! They have taken to cannibalism and are eating each other! *cue horror movie music*

Except . . .

then you'd hardly have so many, would you? :/ Nope, then, that idea won't wash. I'm out :dunno:

LOL, thankfully I've never had that problem, and I've only seen them eat each other once, and it was clearly a mistake. One little guy got stuck in the syphon so I plopped him back in and they devoured him....I think they were confused and thought it was food. I was,of course, horrified.

Even Synirr's Mini girl made it in my tanks, and she's bite size. I guess I keep them too well fed all the time. :look:

I'm stumped,too. I'm really leaning towards this giant stuff. I'm going to email Jim Sonnier later tonight and ask him what he thinks.

Hmm . . . SuperBettas :sly: . . . I could possibly convince myself I need some female SuperBettas . . . besides, you said that popping a few more gals in with mine might confuse them, right? *bounces* Right?! :hyper:

*Andie2 smacks Andie1 with rolled-up newspaper* Down, girl! She also mentioned that she does not like to stock unrelated females together, remember?!

*Andie1 quiets down* Oh. :| Right.

Oh dear, now see what your gorgeous babies have done? They've made me bipolar :rolleyes: ;)

(actually, I think my craziness can mostly be attributed to the fact that my little sister is coming home in one week and my job finally ends on the same date. Enough to knock anybody off kilter, IMO :angel:)

:lol: :rofl: :lol:
You're a riot :p

Enjoy your visit with your sis, and your time off! How perfect is that?!? Very!

One week off to go shopping with my sister before school starts is, IMHO, about as perfect as things can get ;) She also enjoys my fish, which is refreshing, and provided he hasn't died and she forgot to tell me about it, I get to see her new betta boy that she rescued! :wub:

Hmm . . . if he did die, or if we get her a split tank, maybe I can put in an order from you and give her one of yours for her bday . . . ooh, then I could see him all the time but he wouldn't make me neglect my other babies! Oooh . . . :drool:

Andie you CRACK ME UP!! :rofl: :rofl: Just like Schmiegal and Gollum...
Mesa wansa bettsa fish baaaad.
No! bad Schmiegal, you know you cansa have a betsa fish,
Oh mesa bad Schmiegal...
:rofl:

Oooooo. beautiful fry! that Marble spawn is huge!! :thumbs: there will not be a shortage of people wanting them, though... OMG, theyre so cute and chubby! I might have to steal a few.

Your reds are HUGE Kelly lol.

Compared to the mustard gas trio of sisters you sent me before (the 2 crownies and delta) the 4 red females you sent me DWARF them in comparison.

They are even twice the size of the red male you sent me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back