Pitiful Frontosa Face :-P

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Here is a new picture of Frankenstein and Bummy (named bummy after she had an infection, guess where :p :lol: Ya I know, :*) )

The thing is, he is doing the so called cichlid mating dancy thing that cichlids do......which is a little more embarassing than most other cichlid species, I don't think I need to explain it, his face says it all :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's like, "PLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEE?"

The cool thing about it, is that his back goes a goldy-brown when he is "in the mood" Looks pretty strange actually :huh:

Chris.

Attachments

• frontosa_spawning.jpg
    frontosa_spawning.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 36
:clap: that is one amazing photo chris......just love the expression on his face :cool: ...... :whistle: though she doesn't look quite as keen :kewlpics:

sue :D

suemack said:
:clap: that is one amazing photo chris......just love the expression on his face :cool: ...... :whistle: though she doesn't look quite as keen :kewlpics:

sue :D
She really isn't all that interested at the monent :lol:

Hopefully she will know better what to do with the eggs this time :grr:

I WANT FRONT BABIES!!! :D

p.s. Julie won't make me food and I am starving. Mean. :(

I bet that's not the only time I am gonna have to make that face :grr: :blush:

WOW. Like great big puppy dogs. You got those in the same tank with a Fryeri and Aulonocaras? :blink: How's that working out?

Hello NYmbuna! The frontosa, Aulonocara, and fryeri get along just fine...the fryeri grew up with the frontosa...he was 1.5" when he joined them and is 7" now...and I have never seen one with more perfect coloration...the only fish he picks on in the tank is the male peacock and his female :lol:

Sometimes he will have the odd fight with a frontosa, but it is usually the front that starts it....the 10" kigoma (Gargamell) is the boss of the tank, but sometimes, just sometimes the fryeri (Sammy) will face off with him to try and show him up....I don't even know why he tries, Gargamell is a monster :lol:

...anyway, here is a pic of Sammy for ya, considering I bragged his colors....his white stripe goes all the way from the fold in his upper lip, all the way to around the back of his tail fin. I have been offered 250 dollars for him from one of my lfs's. :hyper: ...and to think I bought him from that lfs as a female :lol: :lol: :lol:

....hard to see the white in his face in this pic...but you get the idea :D

Attachments

• sammy_corner.jpg
    sammy_corner.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 26

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back