ph question

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of setting up a 55 "river" style tank....everythings done except for the water (and of course decor)... I'm planning on adding about 45 gallons of RO water and 10 gallons of regular tap water from my loach tank (7.6 ph) tomorrow, so will the low ph in the ro water and the higher ph from the tap clash? What will happen? Is that a bad idea...should I stick with straight ro? I don't want my ph to be unstable or anthing -_-

any help will be appreciated :nod:

Wuv, have you researched the type of fish you are going to put into the tank yet, and do you know the water conditions they prefer?

After your tank has cycled you will know for certain where you stand and can quite easily work things out from there.

Yeah, this is AFTER all of the research, now I'm trying to get ready for the fish and there's not much info out there on this particular species , the water from the older tank was to aid in cycling

so no help here huh? I guess I'll just go with straight ro -_- :unsure:

Since you will have more of the RO water than tapwater, you won't see a significant jump in the ph. I would suggest looking into trace elements to add to the RO water. The RO process takes out most of the trace elements that fish need to stay healthy. Of course this is depending on what fish you will be keeping, which you haven't stated yet. ;) ;) ;)

Most reactions

Back