Queen Bee
Fish Crazy
I had my water tested and our tap water has no stabilizers or buffers in it. The lfs tested it 3 times, he'd never seen that before.
My 3 other tanks have coral running in them. The ph was dropping in them and when tested, the ph reading was lower than my test kit had results for. After running coral, the ph in all tanks reads a steady 8. Fish are fine and no more deaths.
Problem: I am setting up a new tank. Been filled for a few days and is cycling. I want to run different fish than in my other tanks, and after researching, the ph suitable for these fish is in the range of 6 - 7.5
I tested the tank today, not that the ph has had time to drop yet, it is 8. I am waiting, previous experience showing it will start dropping in about 2 weeks. I want it to lower, but not to the point that it is too acidic.
Instead of adding coral directly to the tank, if I put some in a bag and let it hang in the water for a short period of time, would this stabilize the ph of the water, or no?
I really don't want to use chemicals to play with the ph as fluctuations will be worse for the fish.
Any ideas out there?
My 3 other tanks have coral running in them. The ph was dropping in them and when tested, the ph reading was lower than my test kit had results for. After running coral, the ph in all tanks reads a steady 8. Fish are fine and no more deaths.
Problem: I am setting up a new tank. Been filled for a few days and is cycling. I want to run different fish than in my other tanks, and after researching, the ph suitable for these fish is in the range of 6 - 7.5
I tested the tank today, not that the ph has had time to drop yet, it is 8. I am waiting, previous experience showing it will start dropping in about 2 weeks. I want it to lower, but not to the point that it is too acidic.
Instead of adding coral directly to the tank, if I put some in a bag and let it hang in the water for a short period of time, would this stabilize the ph of the water, or no?
I really don't want to use chemicals to play with the ph as fluctuations will be worse for the fish.
Any ideas out there?







