Ph 7.9

Dogson

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
York
Hi Guys

Since stocking my ph has risen from 7.6 to near 8. I have lost 3 of my 6 peppered cory's ( with one looking like he has difficulty staying on the bottom) and my Betta is becoming more lethargic than usual.
My nitrate and ammonia levels are within a safe range. can anyone give me some insight as to what may be the problem?

Thanks

Dogson
 
Hi Guys

Since stocking my ph has risen from 7.6 to near 8. I have lost 3 of my 6 peppered cory's ( with one looking like he has difficulty staying on the bottom) and my Betta is becoming more lethargic than usual.
My nitrate and ammonia levels are within a safe range. can anyone give me some insight as to what may be the problem?

Thanks

Dogson


Ah ha! The old question of PH against ammonia levels! Define 'safe' level of ammonia? Youmust understand that the safe level of ammonia is ZERO. The same with nitrite. However a nitrate level of upto 100 ppm os safe but 40ppm or below is a lot better.

To loose 3 cory I would suggest your problem does not come from your Ph level.
 
Sorry for the delay but I agree with everything you say and my ammonia and nitrite levels are zero. I have lost all but one of my corys now and this was some time ago and the Betta has also gone again some time ago. I have since done a strip down of my tank and a good clean and everything is now stablised. No deaths in the month since! Not sure what the issue was but like I said I think a water parameter rather than a disese was the cause! I reduced my Tank temp too from 29 to 25.
all much better now and thanks for the reply!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top