Pfk Nano Cube

they've made a marvellous job packaging and distributing it then haven't they?! :rolleyes:

mines fine it came in bubble wrap and well protected no marks or chips odd

miles

Hiya
This is my first post here..
I'm more of a lurker and reader than a talker lol.
I ordered my cube early Oct and it came a couple of hours ago.All intact and lid bubble wrapped so no damage.
It's lovely,although I haven't yet decided what to do with it as still a relative newbie.
Other half not so chuffed though.
I have 3 tanks now and all of them have turned up without him knowing about it :D
My filter is just a black sponge too btw,no black bits in it.

Maybe now I will post a bit more!

:)

My lid was wrapped in bubble wrap, but there's nothing to stop the lid from sliding around the inside of the tank. Nothing is secured inside the tank - filter, light and lid are all loose.

Oh great the E-Mails have started again guess i'd better tweak my spam filter. Please if your one of those sending or replying to the E-Mails do stop. Create a thread on here or just reply to the person sending & not everyone else.

i sent you a PM, it was Stuart Webster @ PFK that gave me that contact.
i called them and they said they'd rather have an email.
so i included pictures.

THe packaging is awful, and I was suprised it had managed to survive the back of the courier's van.

Initial thoughts:

The tank is well built and sturdy. The lid is no more than a sheet of glass that rests on top.

The light appears to be well made, apart from the clip. It looks like this could easily snap off - we'll soon see!

In regards to the filter, it has two compartments - one for carbon, and a place for some sponge. The sponge is about 2inches x 1 inch x 1.5 inches. This takes up half the filter capacity - the rest is taken up by the carbon. The carbon + the carbon cavity are removable, and I have done so.

The filter comes with a european plug. However, there is a convertor included for UK plugs. Simply push the EU plug into it, flip the back cover over, and use the screw on the other side to keep it shut.

I'll probably get mine setup sooner rather than later.

To aid in filter maturation, I am using some filter sponge from my eheim filter. I was tempted to use some filter wool from the eheim, but as there is no mesh/gauze protecting the filter's motor, i don't think that is wise as parts of the filter wool could get sucked up and interfere with the mechanics. The other option of course is to use some efhisubstrat in the lower part of the filter, and place the filter sponge above it - I may well go this route....

The problem with the filter is that it comes with numerous pipes that can clip onto it, and yet it doesn't tell you what ones to use, and when! It did come with some airline, and a t-shaped piece that will connect it together, so I am hoping that this is what it is intended for...

Jee

havent had an e-mail yet :( but it seems most people whove got theirs ordered on 4th, so maybe theyre being delivered in order? I ordered mine on about the 10th.

Sounds like there's 2 types of filters being included. The one i got just had foam inside and had an english plug on it

Most reactions

Back