Pet Stores Willing To Give Gravel Or Filter Media

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
Does anyone know a fish store that is willing to get some gravel from there tanks or give "mature filter media" to customers who ask???
 
Does anyone know a fish store that is willing to get some gravel from there tanks or give "mature filter media" to customers who ask???


Definitely not in New Jersey... :lol:


Just be careful where you get it from, filter media may be able to carry disease. You should get in touch with a good local aquarium society. There should be people part of the society that would love to give you media!
 
A club for people who own fish, basically. There should be a few members in any fish club who have huge numbers of tanks who can always scrape together media for a new member, and you can also get some good deals down the line on hardware and locally bred fish.
 
I just looked and the closest one is Delaware road or something like that. they meet from september to june so I guess im a little late. I would only be using them for the filter media anyway, and you need to pay. I don't want to be like that. I don't know what im gonna do!! and my mom doesent feel like driving me anywhere also. what am i gonna dooo!!! wahhh! im gonna cry!
 
If I can't get media, I would do 45-50% water changes everyday and check the ammonia.. Untill cycled. :)
 
I've shipped cycled media cross country before, with good results. If you cover the shipping I'll ship you plenty. Pm me your zip code if you want to know how much it is to ship.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top