Pet store customers (animals in general)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would hope so. geez. I didn't think pellets could be that harmful.
If you soak them first it can be ok. But they go moldy quickly. It also doesn't have all of the nutrients they need. :)

So, no pellets for sugar gliders. Got it.
What about when your relatives or people you live with aren't properly caring for their pets at all but won't listen to what would be better for thier pets? I'm not an expert on everything but I know you can't keep a fancy goldfish in a three gallon tank that you clean once a month.

So, no pellets for sugar gliders. Got it.
What about when your relatives or people you live with aren't properly caring for their pets at all but won't listen to what would be better for thier pets? I'm not an expert on everything but I know you can't keep a fancy goldfish in a three gallon tank that you clean once a month.
My cousin got a dog. So she gets this puppy and wants it to be as perfectly obedient as mine, which although I didnt do much training with, I am very consistent. She works a little but with training but is not consistent. And she feeds it human food that is toxic. She refuses to listen. She gets mad when her dog dosent obey her (cause by inconsistency) but says that people are to strict with their dogs and training them to heel or not jump on the couch or refusing to give them food when they beg is cruel.

They got Guinea pigs and only cleaned the cage once every 2 months. Didnt feed or water them enough.
It really makes me mad. My goal is once I graduate I'm gonna work as a vet tech for a few years and then I am gonna open a pet store. I am only going to sell the items that are good for the pets and am going to ensure that my customers are well educated before purchasing a pet. :)

When I see people who are buying fish and and tank together I ask them if they know about the nitrogen cycle, if they are interested I tell them about it, if not I just say good luck and walk away. Most people actually are interested and start asking other questions. Kids on the other hand are not interested and just want to buy those Glofish and get back on their cell phones.

My goal is once I graduate I'm gonna work as a vet tech for a few years and then I am gonna open a pet store. I am only going to sell the items that are good for the pets and am going to ensure that my customers are well educated before purchasing a pet. :)
That sounds like a good plan. I hope someone gets through to your cousin

That sounds like a good plan. I hope someone gets through to your cousin
For sure. My grandma convinced them to sell the little guys. The dog is still there. Along with their bazillion cats. More like only 8 but there used to be way more lol

We had a guy who wore a copper pot on his head and lived in a very old trailer in the middle of nowhere. He was afraid of the "rays" He had 21 cats, he died of a heart attack and when they found him he was half eaten by the cats. They ended up putting down the cats.

Some people think its irresponsible to own many pets. It's only wrong if you cant provide the proper care. For instance, budgies (parakeets) need a buddy and you should spend time with them daily. They should have a large cage and a good diet. Their cage should be cleaned out often.
Chinchillas, need a varied diet. They need their water bottle cleaned out daily to prevent bacteria which can cause diarrhea and kill them. You cant let them get wet and they need low humidity. The cage should be cleaned out 2× weekly. They require a cage that they can climb and jump. They need at least an hour of out of cage time daily.
Every pet has unique needs but if you can care for them its fine. It makes me mad when people dont care for them properly and dont even care

We had a guy who wore a copper pot on his head and lived in a very old trailer in the middle of nowhere. He was afraid of the "rays" He had 21 cats, he died of a heart attack and when they found him he was half eaten by the cats. They ended up putting down the cats.
That's freaky

Most reactions

Back