Pet Snake Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snaked are cool but i'd be to wurried it eat my Pug if it got out :(

To be honest, the only snake likely to have a small dog would be a large snake like a Burmese Python or an Indian Python due to the size they get, but most of the snakes that I remember seeing on this post (Except the Boa) wouldnt give you any problem, at most it would only bite the dog if it got too close, but it would only be a nip as most pythons dont have that large a teeth, and alot of them sit backwards into the mouth as they hook onto their prey while constricting, so biting isnt that bad

If anyone was interested in getting a snake I would recommend 1 of 2 types for starters, but this is just my opinion, it would be a Corn Snake, or a Royal Python (Ball Python to some people) as they are all well known for being the most docile of snakes.

I have had a corn snake, but had to cut my collection down as I dont have enough hours in the day to flitter between my turtles, snake, Iguana, spider, fish, dog, kids, and family. I also had to part with both my bearded dragons.

But as said, if your really interested in a snake, go for a royal or corn, you wont find much better snake for the money, plus they dont need huge vivarium's! Both are ground dwellers mainly so rarely climb, just be prepared for the nightmare of owning a Royal when it comes to fasting time! Ive been amongst many owners who start worrying when they go off food, yet there is rarely any reason to be worried

Just be prepared to handle, thaw, and feed dead rats! Not everyone can do whats needed when it comes down to it, so if you dont think you can feed a rat to the snake, then I wouldnt advise getting one

my first snake was a garter snake named camoflague, he was a good snake, and he never bit or did any of that stuff to me, however i got a C on my test and was forced to let her go.( despite by quoting the side of the box that she was in when we got her "dont ever release a captive snake into the wild!")
my next snake was a cal. king named molgera he eventually got away during a pool construction
then came morpheel, another cal. king that lived until 06 of the summer, again my dad's fault
then i had a wild caught cal. king named checkers, he unfortunatley died of an old injury to her stomach which reopened.
now i have a san diego gopher snake named ruby, god is she evil! only snake that has bitten me.

My Royals going from strength to strength and has grown a fair bit especially weight wise as a few people on a snake forum I go on said he was underweight, hes now 3 1/2 foot long and 1100g now, great snake and I could hardly recommend them enough and mine eats rats no probs
001-8.jpg

012-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

I also got the snake I always wanted the other week a baby May 09 Boa called Betty. Shes a beaut with a lobvely red tail and only 2ft and a light weight for now but shes already growing in the short space I ahve had her
003-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

003-8.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back