peppered cory can’t stop floating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Greerlouisa

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i came home from school today and noticed that one of my peppered cory’s was floating at the top of the tank. at first i thought he was dead so i gave him a gentle nudge with the net but then he was off swimming again. however, he would keep floating up when he stopped swimming and wouldn’t be able to stop himself. i have checked the water parameters and everything is perfect. my tank is 20 gallons with 3 white cloud minnows, 5 danios and 3 cory’s including the sick one. i do a 25-40% water change once a week and feed them generally once every two days. i feed the cory’s aqua one vegetable wafers. none of the other fish are showing the same symptoms and seem fine. unfortunately i can’t set up a hospital tank for a few days at least so i’ve done the best with what i have and put the cory in a clear container with a few small holes to allow for water flow. is this anything serious, i need help asap! i have grown very attached to this little guy

Corydoras naturally breath in air from the atmosphere and if the fish has taken in too much air, it will float.

The other possibility is the fish has a swim bladder issue but that is not common.

You can try feeding them frozen (but defrosted) foods like bloodworms and brineshrimp each day for a week and see if it helps. Otherwise wait and see how he goes :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back