Penguin Tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ant_Soton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all

After a bit of a break due to illness i'm back again to bug you.

I picked up some Penguin Tetras yesterday from LFS but they seem to be swimming in and upward direction. Is this normal as I have never kept Penguin tetras ??!!

Yep, that is their defining feature, swimming at a 45 degree angle :)

…or thereabouts (closer to 20-30 degrees, from what I have seen). Just to be sure, you cycled the filter by adding ammonia, right? They're not gasping for air or anything? Your water parameters are good? You acclimatised properly?

It's probably just their normal behaviour :)

I remember reading it's 45. But it's normal for them to be at an angle, whatever it technically is.

Do you still have the problem with the jumping danios? Have you added these fish to that same tank?

…or thereabouts (closer to 20-30 degrees, from what I have seen). Just to be sure, you cycled the filter by adding ammonia, right? They're not gasping for air or anything? Your water parameters are good? You acclimatised properly?

It's probably just their normal behaviour :)

All water parameters are good etc. They're not gasping for air as i have an air stone and two filters in the tank which create a nice flow. So i'm sure they're fine now i know they swim at an angle. Thanks peeps :good:

BTW, in regards to soybean's question, they're not in the same tank as the danios. No more probs with the danios jumping either !! :good: :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back