Peas

Jen

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I went out and bought some frozen peas... but my fish don't seem the least bit interested in them.

Do you need to do anything to them before you throw them in the tank? I took the skins off, but thats it.

Thanks

i drop my frozen peas in a little boiling water to soften them a bit then take the skin off.Some of my fish like them others just push them round the tank ^_^

I usually let them sit out and defrost, so that they are room temp. Then I shell them and cut them into small pieces. My fish LOVE them!!! Especially the bettas. :nod:

I pop mine in the microwave for about 30 (small microw. :*) ) and they are still a bit cold when they come out, but after handling them for 20 minutes getting them to POP outta'there skins....they are roughly room temperature :lol:

My corydoras seem to eat at them a bit, same with the gouramis and angels. The pleco eats at them a little more and of course my SDs will gobble up an ounce or more in a night!! :eek: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Speaking of peas.....I'm off to go de-shell some right now!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :kana:

I tend to just squish them between my finger and thumb, and they get quite excited about them for a while (as they do about anything going into the tank!). All of the fish will have a quick peck of them, particularly my cardinals, but then they'll sit there for about 2 days before suddenly disappearing. I've no idea who eats them, my best guess is the pl*co, but I'm not sure, it could simply be that after they've soaked for a while all of the fish like them more.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back