Peacock not eating and has lump under chin. Swollen face

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Henry Weldon

Reaction score
If I didn't know better I would say she is carrying eggs, but she is very small. She literally has not eaten in over a week, but seems healthy otherwise. Will dart out when I put food in the tank and rush right up to it, but not eat. She seems to hover near the same spot, but will swim around fine. I have a 2nd one that is not acting and looking the same.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230309_141227_resized.jpg
    20230309_141227_resized.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 36
If I didn't know better I would say she is carrying eggs, but she is very small. She literally has not eaten in over a week, but seems healthy otherwise. Will dart out when I put food in the tank and rush right up to it, but not eat. She seems to hover near the same spot, but will swim around fine. I have a 2nd one that is not acting and looking the same.

Thoughts?
What type of food(s) do you feed her?
And how long have you been feeding it that food?

It’s tough to tell from the picture, but I’d agree she’s holding eggs

A variety of small cichlid pellets. blood worms, brine shrimp, cichlid flakes.
Is she refusing ALL of it, or just certain foods? Have you tried them all yet?
If so, I bet she has eggs

Is she refusing ALL of it, or just certain foods? Have you tried them all yet?
If so, I bet she has eggs
Nope, she won't eat anything, but seems to get very excited when food is dropping. She'll rush up to it, but then stops short. She will not eat anything. For not eating for what seems like almost 2 weeks, she seems oddly healthy. Hangs near one spot, but will wonder off, will even chase other fish. No other symptoms.

Yep she's got eggs/fry in there, thats what the little bump is.

If you've got a breeding set up you could have a look at 'stripping her' but I'd only do this if she looses weight and/or if you want to raise the fry.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back