Pc Virus Warning...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I thought i'd let you all know,my friend had a bad virus attack her pc,it came in the form of a 'Mcfee internet security' email which basically says about new downloads available...

Once the email was opened and link clicked it completely trashed her pc!!

The worse part was she has mcfee security and it let this virus in.

So beware all...

:unsure: I swear that happened to me at the beginning of this year. :blush: :unsure:

I thought i'd let you all know,my friend had a bad virus attack her pc,it came in the form of a 'Mcfee internet security' email which basically says about new downloads available...

Once the email was opened and link clicked it completely trashed her pc!!

The worse part was she has mcfee security and it let this virus in.

So beware all...

Nice of you to warn people :)

I would agree with Astons comment about getting a Mac, your warning is just one of the reasons that I changed to a Mac and have never looked back. I was so fed up wirh virus', trojans etc and having to reinstall the os on a regular basis :angry:
I would like to stress that as good as the macs are though, they're not completely immune to virus' either but boy they make computing and browsing much more of a pleasure :good:

It isn't a question of what operating system you have. (Yes, they are not nearly as frequent, but there are viruses for Mac and Linux.)

It is a question of using your computer in a smart way.

If the virus company needed you to update, close the email and log directly on to their site. If it is as important as the email said, it will be on the front page. And, virus software updates itself today -- an email is not how a company would do it.

Same thing if your bank "emails" you. Never use a link in an email. Close the email, and navigate to the bank's webpage.

The recent "here you have" virus that affected corporations is another example of this: it is computer ignorance that allowed these viruses to spread and do their thing. It wasn't some sophisticated exploit or new attack. It used people's ignorance of computers against them. People need to understand that you have to be darn careful about following any link in any email -- even email from people you know very well.

Nice of you to warn people :)

I would agree with Astons comment about getting a Mac, your warning is just one of the reasons that I changed to a Mac and have never looked back. I was so fed up wirh virus', trojans etc and having to reinstall the os on a regular basis :angry:
I would like to stress that as good as the macs are though, they're not completely immune to virus' either but boy they make computing and browsing much more of a pleasure :good:

The first virus ever written was for a mac and there are more viruses being written for macs as the market share changes. If large businesses started heavily investing in macs you would see a very quick shift of viruses being circulated

Not long until we get the iVirus.

After all Apple are known for being iMaginative.

my mac may be a good 4 years old and it works like its new. i will admit that macs arent completely immune, and no matter what on any computer, there is always a risk, but on macs its MUCH lower. may be more money but worth every penny/pence

I'm bored of the mac vs pc rubbish. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses. They can both get viruses. They both have different GUIs that people respond to differently. But the other annoying thing is a third option always gets forgotten. Linux.

I'm bored of the mac vs pc rubbish. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses. They can both get viruses. They both have different GUIs that people respond to differently. But the other annoying thing is a third option always gets forgotten. Linux.

Linux is only really comparable if you're using a slower machine, and for that it is unbeatable.

Pound for Pound the PC beats the Mac hands down everytime...

HA HA! get a mac!

Not a very helpful statement, besideds who would want a computer that pushes the processor to the point of over heat and an operaiting system that cannot deal with 35% of all internet video without a third party bit of software now that would be silly :lol: I am sure there are some advantages to having a mac over a PC hey PC's are not perfect!

On a more inteligent note nice one harlquins for sharing with us the warning I had not heard of that virus and wise advice bignose thank you.

Regards onebto.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back