Paradise Fish Buddies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gidge

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My partner is wanting to get a pair of paradise fish, I'm wondering if either Hengle Rasbora or Black neons would be compatible. I was thinking maybe the Hengles might be a little small with them as i've read they should be kept with larger tetras etc. But he doesn't like Harlequin Rasbora's :/

Also would they be okay with Corys? He needs to up his number on those.

Tank is 85L :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'd be hesitant to add paradise fish to a tank that small. They tend to be very aggressive with each other and other fish. Black neons would be better than the rasbora, Cories should be left alone, but you never know.

My paradise fish were aggressive towards each other and towards my other fish which were a pearl and an opaline (if that's how u spell it) gourami and a bristlenose plec. They were in a 125 litre tank.

Paradise fish are not peaceful fish and have no place in a peaceful community tank.

What are the actual dimensions of the tank? paradise fish are actually pretty active so they won't do in anything tall.

I have a paradise fish and was advised against getting more than one as they are very aggressive towards each other however my guy is pretty laid back in regards other fish and life in general. He was the first fish I ever bought and i first kept him along side guppies and he didn't bother them at all but I would like to clarify that long finned fish should not go with paradise fish- mine was really young so i assume that was the reason he never bothered them.
He's also been with platies, also when he was young, with no problems but i wouldn't recamend them as companions.
My point is that they are not all psyco killing machiens though i guess i may have gotten the rare exception

As for now he lives along side rosy barbs but 85 is too small for them.
Have you considered white cloud mountain minnows? they live side by side naturally so would make pretty good tank mates but I'd still recomend planting the tank to break up the line of sight. and personally I think it looks better. If not plants then plenty of decorations etc.

But do check that 85 litres is large enough for a paradise fish I can't comment on that

Thanks for all the feedback. Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I've been away.

I had read previously on the net that the minimum tank size was 65L. Hence why I thought they would be okay. Would we be able to get away with one? and some black neons.
I haven't got the dimensions of the tank, It's at my partners house, and I rarely go there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back