Paludarium Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lillypad101

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all!
Decided to make this journal for my new paludarium! Will be set up soon, either 10 or 20 gallons. It will feature a fine, built up sand bed, with 2-3 inches of water, and easy ways for whatever inhabitants to climb out of the water as they’d like to. Will be using a substate made from fine sand, peat moss, and moisture rich soil. There will be a simple sponge filter for the water end. Lots of live plants in, and out, of the water will be provided, as well as driftwood on land, and partly in the water. Not quite sure how I’m going to stock it yet, so any suggestions are welcome! Here are the water parameters, and what the land will look like.
Ph - 7
Gh - 25mg/l
Temperature - 72
Humidity of land - 75%
You are welcome to recommend inhabitants for a 10 or 20 gallon paludarium, and the animal chosen will receive the appropriate tank size. Thinking about vampire crabs, or perhaps something more community like.

No suggestions but sounds intriguing! I'm thinking it sounds great for an amphibian or turtle but no idea what to suggest!

Sounds like a great project! Vampire crabs are very cool - never kept them but anything purple with yellow eyes is cool in my book :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back