Overstocked?

sparkycufc

New Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
6
There's not been a thread about this sort of thing for at least 5 minutes so I thought I would start one.

I have a 60 litre tank, 4 plants and a piece of bogwood. Currently I have...

8 Neon Tetra
6 Ember Tetra
6 Pygmy Cory

Levels all seem fine and after reading various sites that give contradictory opinions I thought I would ask for opinions on here. My plan is to move some of the fish to my father's soon to be bought tank in the future before any of them have a chance to grow too much (not that any of them will ever be huge of course).

Too much, not enough? Thoughts people.
 
As long as you dont add any more fish into the mix, id say that stocking is fine. :good:
Shoaling fish are great in small community tanks!
 
I'd say probably just overstocked going by the 1" per gallon rule but as long as your stats are ok I think they'll be fine, its not massively overstocked or anything and I bet the tank looks empty lol

I wouldnt add anything else to the tank though.

Andy
 
Thanks for that, I had a feeling it may be slightly overstocked by a couple of fish but wasn't quite sure. Plans are to move up to a 90 or 120 litre in the near future so I can look at getting more of a variety of fish so there won't be so many in there for too much longer.
 
Agreed, basically so long as your stats are holding fine and you're keeping up water changes then I see no real problems in that tank. :)
 
If you are not needing to do over 30% water changes each week to keep nitrates under control, you are probably fine with your present stocking. Although it is heavier than I would like in my own tanks, it is close enough to good stock levels that it might work out for you.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top