Oversized Custom Aquariums

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have you ever thought about having a 200 gallon or bigger tank made?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Same here, I might be able to get a 55gal past the parents, but nothing bigger than that. I plan to have a really big tank some time during my life. I got it all planed out it will be heavily planted with lots of small to medium community fish :lol: . Also this tank is being sold only an hour away from me :drool: :drool:. I don't care for the dimensions much, but one can not be picky :lol:. I want it soooooo much.

space is the factor for most people

if i had the space i would spend £10k+

brake down
FISH
5 x xback aros £1400 each = £7,000
1 x red tail gold aro = £400
1 x super red = £1400
3 x p14 sting rays £500 each = £1500
1 x siamse tiger not sure of how much its worth but some body offed me £500 for it = £500
1 x tigrinus cat im getting back on sunday = £350
1 x 12inch flagtail got to be worh = £100
1 x NGT tiger cambelli = £80
1 x perfect full neck band thin bar tiger £50

total stock = £11,380

FILTERS
2 x eheim pro3 2080 £170 each = £340
2 x eheim pro3e 2078 £185 each £370
2 x eheim 2252 internals £70 each = £140
2 x vectron 25w UV £90 each = £180
2 x blagoon pond buckets £70 eack = £140
4 x eheim double taps £16 each = £64

total filteration + £1,184

TANK STAND AND HOOD
84 long x 32 wide x 30 deep acrylic tank = £1,400
classic cab company smooth style cab and hood color matched to match my room = £1,300

total = £2,700

LIGHTING
4 x starter units for 7ft tubes £45 each = £180
4 x tubes/blue moon tri+ tropical x 2 £15 each = £60
4 x reflectors £9 each = £36

total lights = £276

grand total = £15,540 = us$31,080

dam i should get insurance

my point hear is it all adds up to alot of money i didnt pay that money for the aros but thats the list price of a blue base xback

everything else apart from the xbacks and the sting rays which i bred my self i paid for cash

its a very expencive hobby once you get a big tank :unsure:

If thats the only thing stopping you then you just get a new wife/girlfriend :p

I put £3k to £5k as an amount, but to be honest, I would probably end up with more. As I have gone for top end equipment I dread to think how much the reef system has cost me thus far. Unless I DIY it, the cost of a skimmer for the sort of tank I would build would be serious money, let alone the tank, the sand, the salt, the Live Rock, inhabitants...

Suddenly I wonder whether I should have put 10k afterwards. I wouldn't aim for it, but the costs always seem to add up.

I wonder where he is planning to get the money from?

I put £3k to £5k as an amount, but to be honest, I would probably end up with more. As I have gone for top end equipment I dread to think how much the reef system has cost me thus far. Unless I DIY it, the cost of a skimmer for the sort of tank I would build would be serious money, let alone the tank, the sand, the salt, the Live Rock, inhabitants...

I only put £500 as I though it was just the tank and not all the extras. Saying that I mostly try to do stuff on the cheap by either buying second hand, building it myself or waiting for sales.
ie
3ft tank free from my boss
4ft stand £25 in sale at maidenhead aquatics
luminaire made by me
150W Metal halide and twin T5s £38 off ebay
Crab and snails store credit

I only put £500 as I though it was just the tank and not all the extras. Saying that I mostly try to do stuff on the cheap by either buying second hand, building it myself or waiting for sales.
ie
3ft tank free from my boss
4ft stand £25 in sale at maidenhead aquatics
luminaire made by me
150W Metal halide and twin T5s £38 off ebay
Crab and snails store credit

Indeed, but waiting for a Tunze Wavebox, 3 Tunze 6045s and a Tunze 9010 skimmer from second hand would mean I would still have an empty tank now.

The things you have mentioned above have cost me very little (without bulbs, my twin 150W MH cost me £70 and I make my own stands and hoods) but you have left out the skimming and circulation, the things which have costed me the most.

I've got a TMC v2 400 £28.50 again off ebay
Had too buy my circulation pumps new though, hydor Koralia 1, £29 each, far and away the most expensive kit for my aquarium as I bought 3!

I've got a TMC v2 400 £28.50 again off ebay
Had too buy my circulation pumps new though, hydor Koralia 1, £29 each, far and away the most expensive kit for my aquarium as I bought 3!
But you aren't buying top of the range stuff. I would never trust an SPS reef to a TMC skimmer and hydors. If you note, I said the cost is high because I have gone for the decent equipment. Go and look for a deltec or tunze skimmer rated for 200+ gallons for under £100 and see just how long you have to wait

Hmm .... methinks this poll is rigged. It won't let me say no!
I only keep small fish, so I'm more than happy with my 79 gal ..... wouldn't mind another one, though :nod:

If thats the only thing stopping you then you just get a new wife/girlfriend :p
Too late for me on that one!!! (" Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live") :wub:

My hubby was a little shocked when I told him I won a 125 gallon tank on ebay that we had to go pick up that weekend. I told him a while before that I had been looking and planning. I guess he shoulda spoke up!! I usually search for awhile and then when I find I buy. He knows that... :#

My only other tank atm is a 29 gallon, so it's not that bad imo. :D

I'd eventually love to have a huge stingray tank in the basement. That would be awesome. I researched them before i settled on cichlids for my 125. Decided my 60"w X 18"d X 26"h isn't the right demension, even for the smallest one!
Also, a reef or maybe I'd be satisfied for awhile with a nano reef!

My hubby knows that I'd like a fish room when we move to a new house(someday). Why not...he has a gun/sporting goods room!!!???!!!

This topic came up once before. I cant remember if it was here or another forum i belonged to. If i had the space and the money it would have to be the 170,344 liter/45,000gal. tank at this site Crystal View Tanks.Com/Tanks. It only costs 1,810,169 pounds or $3,599,999 us dollars. One hell of a tank. Its 240x240x180

The whole web site: crystalviewtank.com

you also didnt add the option...it would fall threw the floor of my house....haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back