The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
5x Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
I know that there was already a thread on this but i coudnt find it :-(
Any suggestions for a cheap outdoor container that's fish safe? Just for fun, i plan on putting some fish in a container outside for the summer. I will also float some of my plants in it so i can have more to sell.

plastic storage containers
kiddy wading pools
fibreglass ponds
aquaculture ponds
anything that holds water and doesn't have algicides or chemicals that leach out

Stock tanks! The poly resin ones at Tractor Supply are mostly affordable, really great sizes, donā€™t look TOO crappy, are paintable on the outside to make them look nicer, AND donā€™t leech toxins because they are litterallt made to hold water for farm animals

Stock tanks! The poly resin ones at Tractor Supply are mostly affordable, really great sizes, donā€™t look TOO crappy, are paintable on the outside to make them look nicer, AND donā€™t leech toxins because they are litterallt made to hold water for farm animals
Thats really helpful. Ill def look into that

Stock tanks! The poly resin ones at Tractor Supply are mostly affordable, really great sizes, donā€™t look TOO crappy, are paintable on the outside to make them look nicer, AND donā€™t leech toxins because they are literally made to hold water for farm animals
Painting the outside will help protect them from the sunlight too.

Found these at Loweā€™s today. Sold in 9 gallon ($15) and 20 gallon ($25) sizes. Mini ponds!
8E911C50-AA55-4EB9-A507-1CF5A568734F.jpeg

Couldn't find one that was free of dust? :)

Get the biggest one possible, Miss Blue Toenails :)

Yes. I saw a nice curved oblong 75 gallon stock tank at Tractor Supply that was only $40 bucks. Being black plastic it will soak up the sun and stay warm too. One of those inside sitting on the floor could have lots of uses too.

Yes. I saw a nice curved oblong 75 gallon stock tank at Tractor Supply that was only $40 bucks. Being black plastic it will soak up the sun and stay warm too. One of those inside sitting on the floor could have lots of uses too.
Any chance youā€™ve got a link to the product? :rofl:

I know that there was already a thread on this but i coudnt find it :-(
Any suggestions for a cheap outdoor container that's fish safe? Just for fun, i plan on putting some fish in a container outside for the summer. I will also float some of my plants in it so i can have more to sell.
Well, there are many options to create an outdoor tank or tub for your fish. Think creative... :clap:

Any chance youā€™ve got a link to the product? :rofl:
No, afraid not. I saw it in a sale flyer that came in the mail. The store is right here in town. Another nice thing about those plastic stock tanks is that they are really strong. Extra thick because horses kick them. I'm thinking about getting one soon now that summer is upon us to raise daphnia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back