Our Journey To The Salty Side - Part One

That is my thinking up to this point - probably will be totally changed by something BigC, Ski or someone else says - 'I used to be decisive, but now i'm not so sure'
Dont let anyone sway you from the path you choose to go in. We are all individuals with individual tastes. Thats why we wont see seffies tank being a carbon copy of trods. Just do a little research first and take heed of that information. This side of the hobby can be mighty costly. Plan well and have a religous maintenance program and things should be fine but still be prepared for any eventualities that may crop up unexpectedly.
Trod seems to have a little bit of Yorkshire in her veins regarding the book "Owt for Nowt" (hope you get it) LOL
Regards
BigC

Half Scottish, what can I say lol

Meet Fred

moto_0083.jpg

Scarlet Hawk fish - how gorgeous is he :blush:

To the right is one of the shrimps and the giant Turbo just overhead

Seffie x

:fish:

both tanks look great guys.

i love watching those hawks at my lfs. They always look like they are sneaking everywhere and peaking round corners lol

Had a very good shopping trip with seffie on sunday (even if she did steal my preferred toadstool from under my nose :< ) and Made 2 purchases.
1 toadstool
1 bush Coral (think its a colt bush coral)

It was very eventfull adding them to tank not to say slightly stressfull ok very stressfull :eek:

After the acclimatisation and a great deal of thought about position, in I went the toadstool was easy on the bottom at the front, looks good :good:
Then the bush coral carefully positioning between LR then :crazy: OMG rockfall, dropped the bush coral, rock falling on to toadstool, hermit crabs scattering, flower pot now really unhappy shrimps attacking me :sick:

OK breathe :shout: calm :whistle:

repositioned LR picked up bush and started again Looking good, everything, thankfully ok, although hermits and shrimps still have the hump :blink:

008.JPG
007.JPG

Comming along nicely
I warned you about the stress. LOL
Regards
BigC

As Trod said we had a fab day out on Sunday. We went to WetPets in Romford who had some nice corals if somewhat expensive and none of them seemed to be priced or named.

Our next call was at Wildwoods, that is of course after a nice Sunday lunch of roast beef, yummy. Wildwoods was very busy as usual but when it is your turn to talk to the staff they are helpful and one lad in particular kept everyone entertained with his tank stories and knowledge. Bought a pretty white xenia from there on a nice piece of rock (although appears a light pink in my tank).

Then on to Aquatic warehouse - Trod and I both bought Leather Toadstools, now this is where our stories differ, she will tell you that she had her eye on the toadstool I chose and I will tell you what really happened :hyper: I said, I'm going to get the toadstool, she says, I was going to get it ------big sister says you have it then, little sister says no you have it, get the picture, so, I got it :lol: Mine is a lovely pinky colour, Trods I suspect is exactly the same (but of course rarer!).

moto_0087.jpg

Toadstool with Xenia in the background

moto_0089-1.jpg

FTS, well nearly - Have moved the clove polyp back where it started, it seems to be happiest there and not straining one way or the other.

Seffie x

:fish:

OooooH I realy love that leather, such long polyps, aint it just fabulous, great shape, sure knocks the spots of mine thats for sure. Lovely find, can I be so bold as to ask what you paid for it. I like that a lot.
Your both getting a feel for this aquascaping lark arnt you.
See the Nass snail motoring up the glass there, funny things them snails, they can smell food a mile away. Very swift for a snail...
Lookin Good
Regards
BigC

Thats a steal for something as good looking as that. How long did it take for the polyps to reappear once you got it acclimatised.

I said, I'm going to get the toadstool, she says, I was going to get it ------big sister says you have it then, little sister says no you have it, get the picture, so, I got it

Little sister quietly furious

Really nice Toadstools girls they look really good!!!! :good: & only £24 nice one :good:
Seffieuk just watch the xenia it grows really fast and when I say really fast I mean like a weed. just an idea have you though of putting it high up on rock work at the back of the tank. it would attach its self to the tanks back wall and eventually cover it, it would make a really nice back drop :hey:
Best regards john,o

Most reactions

Back