Our community lake

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I like that idea to be fair as long as the tank was inexpensive, my local store asks questions but never in-depth enough for me for example I want to buy an Oscar they would ask my tank size thts it they wouldnā€™t ask my current stock or anything and I know they would not advise that these are 2inch babies and will become monsters lol
Ooo yikes, I've had similar sales experience elsewhere where I felt inclined to tell them about where the fish are going anyway haha

Ooo yikes, I've had similar sales experience elsewhere where I felt inclined to tell them about where the fish are going anyway haha
Itā€™s got the point now in my store they try and hide when Iā€™m there ahahah I call the bloke Jeff I donā€™t know his name but he responds to Jeff so I think itā€™s a mutual agreement now that his work name is Jeff lol I hve to update him when I sell a fish because he knows my stock better than I do probably

I read the Daily Mail online from time to time when I'm bored at work, it took me a while to figure out that "pins" referred to legs, lol

And, you guys say "hoover" instead of "vacuum".....is that the Queen's English, or something??
That's like calling all ballpoint pens 'biros' and using a search engine 'googling'. Just because at one time all electric vacuum cleaners were made by Hoover so the word is now applied to all vacuum cleaners and the verb is now 'to hoover'.
My husband gets infuriated when I talk about buttering bread for a sandwich using low fat olive spread ;)

And, you guys say "hoover" instead of "vacuum".....is that the Queen's English, or something?? d:D
Donā€™t know if this is fact or just information Iv always believed but I think Hoover was the first brand of vacuum cleaner , same as we say jacuzzi instead of hot tub

That's like calling all ballpoint pens 'biros' and using a search engine 'googling'. Just because at one time all electric vacuum cleaners were made by Hoover so the word is now applied to all vacuum cleaners and the verb is now 'to hoover'.
My husband gets infuriated when I talk about buttering bread for a sandwich using low fat olive spread ;)
"Biros"???....what the....and I have no clue what low fat olive spread is, lol....margarine?

Donā€™t know if this is fact or just information Iv always believed but I think Hoover was the first brand of vacuum cleaner , same as we say jacuzzi instead of hot tub
Yep, that's what Essjay just posted....kind of like calling all bandages "BandAids", or all tissues "Kleenex"....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back