Osmocote - Root Tabs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

konmanos

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just researching an alternative to the common root tabs in the pet shops, and was at Bunnings and found Osmocote "Water Gardens & Aquatic Plants" - safe for fish, Feeds for 6 months, pellets. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with these. I picked these up for $6. Anyone with experience with these - or any other Osmocote products - please write in. Thanks jn advance. 

I use osmocote under substrates.

SO19Firearms also gave me the idea of making ice cubes out of it so that you can insert lumps under plants as discount root tabs.

yes there fine, lots of people use them =] although they need to be put into a jelly or frozen so that you can place them in a tank 

Guys, thanks for the confirmation. However you have all said thatn they need to be placed in a jelly or ice. What is the reason for this? As the osmocote ones that I have are made with a non soluble outer shell.. Not sure what this means, but I was thinking of baking these up.. As they are in clumps, and inserting them in a 00 pill enclosure.. Thanks again in advance...

its just for ease of placement, i think they break up, or some do at least try it in a glass of water first? 

If they're the type that are in clumps - just push them under.
Breaking them up to put them in Gel caps would be one step back and the same step forward....but dressed differently :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back