oscars

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

iloveyou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i was wondering about oscars.... im getting about a 50 gallon tank soon... and i want something big and exciting to put in it... would oscars live with other fish around the same size... i was thinking about buying some small guys... oscars and maybe some other cichlids... and letting them all grow up together in the new tank... can they be kept with others their same size?

sorry to disserpoint u, but u wont even be able to fit one oscar into a 50 gallon tank. i think 75 gallon is the smallest you can have. hmmmmmm i would look for more smaller cichlids u can median sized cichlids but not huge ones :D and remember oscars grow reallly quickly and need super filtration beacuase they are eating and pooing machines but very beautiful eating and pooing machines :D :thumbs: maybe u can get angels,rams, ermmm other smaller cichlids...... :thumbs: see what other peeps think :cool:

I agree. Oscars are one of the fastest growing cichlids that I know of, and will outgrow a 50 gallon in no time. Generally you don't want anythingthat will grow over 8 inches in a 50 gallon tank.

Rams a purty and the stay small or you could do a cichlid lake tank depending on what you want to put in there and their needs

Most reactions

Back