Orchid

downsouth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Had to snap some photos of our orchid as it finally bloomed again (once a year).

Attachments

• DSC03565.JPG
    DSC03565.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC03566.JPG
    DSC03566.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC03568.JPG
    DSC03568.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 176
I LOVE those!!! I have an expensive silk reproduction of one of those lol....so I cheat and mine blooms year round. It's pretty...but it's certainly not as pretty as the real thing....you have sincere patience lol.

Nice pic!

That's gorgeous. :) :)
I bought my wife an orchid as a joke about 7 years ago.It was only about 1/2 inch high and was sold growing in a little glass test tube.She was expecting a bigger version. Anyway it survived,grew, and started flowering years later. :D It now flowers regularly every year and it's red but no idea what type of orchid it is.The sprays of flowers are about 4ft tall. :blink:
I've got a pic somewhere.When i find it i'll add it on if you don't mind me hijacking your thread. :)

aye very bonnie. How long do they stay in flower for?

That's gorgeous. :) :)
I bought my wife an orchid as a joke about 7 years ago.It was only about 1/2 inch high and was sold growing in a little glass test tube.She was expecting a bigger version. Anyway it survived,grew, and started flowering years later. :D It now flowers regularly every year and it's red but no idea what type of orchid it is.The sprays of flowers are about 4ft tall. :blink:
I've got a pic somewhere.When i find it i'll add it on if you don't mind me hijacking your thread. :)

No, I dont mind at all. In fact I would love to see your pics!! :D

I've no idea what type of orchid this is but it's about 4-5 ft tall.The red flowers are about 2 inches across and they last for about 6 weeks.It grows on our bedroom windowsill.

30741red1-med.JPG

Here's a closer view of the flower.
30741red-med.JPG

wow, that is beautiful. you say that youve had it for 7 years now? I wonder if they just keep getting larger? dont know too much about them. We have had this one for about 2 years now.

Ours started off tiny,a little sprout in a glass tube.Now its in a 10 inch diameter pot.If this one is anything to go by they are really easy to grow.I don't know much about orchids but i may get another one this year.Maybe a purple or yellow one.

I've no idea what type of orchid this is but it's about 4-5 ft tall.The red flowers are about 2 inches across and they last for about 6 weeks.It grows on our bedroom windowsill.

30741red1-med.JPG

30741red-med.JPG

Looks like an Oncidium or an Odonto-brassia, to me.

*edit: does it smell strongly of Chocolate when it finally opens?

30741red1-med.JPG

30741red-med.JPG

well my parent sell orchid in their story... n most ppl call it dancing lady, cuz they looking like a dress, they're really beatiful and the flower come in different size, some small as 1/4 of a penny

Most reactions

Back