Oppions

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well I'm trying to decide after (3 months) if I'm going to do a saltwater or a large freshwater tank. The only thing right now is where trying to decide if Where going to move or do a remodel to our house right now and I'm thinking of getting either a large biocube or a regular rectangular 75 tank. Only thing is the best places to put a big tank are going to be remodeled which kinda sucks. The only real good thing is my mom has made me a deal that she'll be buying all the tank and set-up which could be a bonus if I wanted to start saltwater! I know most of you are going to say that I should get the larger freshwater tank , But I really love the biocubes and I've only have had experiance with fresh water as I still have my 30 gal. So whats your oppions or ideas?
 
I say do whatever you're comfortable with. READ READ READ about sw. There's a lot more to it, but you'll be just fine if you thoroughly research before you embark on that journey.

I would wait to setup until the house is remodeled or you're going to move. It's alot easier to set up a fresh new tank than to have to move one :crazy: :S

And as far as sw, remember that with smaller tanks there is less of a margin for error. IE the sg being off, heater craps out and either fries your tank or freezes, etc.

With a larger tank there's more water volume that helps dilute problems :good:

1 more thing...If you're interested in sw look in the pinned topic realm of knowledge in the sw section. It has a ton of good books.

If you don't want to buy a book, go to the library and check one out...that's what I'm doing :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top