Opinions on this Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Picked up a brand new 44 Gallon Long Tank
48" Wide, 1/2" Thick Goass.

Was planning on making it a planted tank and putting it in the kids room.

2 Issues:

1) It is exactly 2" longer than the dresser, or 1" on each side. Will that be a problem? Someone recommended putting a piece of plywood and foam the size of the tank underneath and that should be good enough?

2) Can a standard dresser as shown in the picture handle 44 Gallons with sand and all?

Opinions

http://imgur.com/gallery/TWUrKhT

Thank you!

1) It is exactly 2" longer than the dresser, or 1" on each side. Will that be a problem? Someone recommended putting a piece of plywood and foam the size of the tank underneath and that should be good enough?

Provided the dresser can hold up under the weight (your second question, which I cannot answer--with just water alone this tank will weigh about 400 lbs and this might buckle the dresser depending upon how it is structured) placing the tank on a sheet of plywood is ideal as this allows the tank to settle into the plywood naturally. I would use plywood no thinner than 3/4 inch. Make sure there is 1 inch minimum along all four sides of the tank so the entire tank frame is sitting on the plywood sheet (with or without the foam, on wood I don't bother with foam).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back