Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Opal Gourami Tankmates

Discussion in 'Gouramis and Anabantoids' started by Chrs, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Chrs

Chrs Member

I was wondering what you guys keep with your Opal Gouramis. I'm thinking about putting one in my 20 gallon tank along with some cories and ottos. What Else could I put in there? I'm not fixed on the cories and ottos though,so those could be taken off the list.

2. luckyliam13

luckyliam13 Member

opaline gourami is a just another colour morph of the golden gourami so... i keep my golden gouramies with upside down cats bristle noses and a red tail black shark and they get along fine with them. however i have had tiger barbs in the past and between the gg and the shark they killed a school of 10 :( so small fish might be bullied cant garentee that though. gouramies tend to have a wide range of personalities ranging from super agro to placid boardering on shy. i would say that corys/ottos should be fine just make shure they have plenty of hiding places. gouramies can live together, just avoid putting two males in one tank! so mabey 1 male and 2 or 3 females??

hope this helps :p

kind regards liam m

3. Chrs

Chrs Member

4. luckyliam13

luckyliam13 Member

as in mollies, platies, guppies ect?? the mollies and platies should be ok. but guppies might be a tad small and may be picked on. like i said before cant garentee anything :( id probz say you would get away with mollies however they like salty water so.... might be best getting a small school of platies. platies are great hardy colourful active fish just be prepaired for babies :p hope that helps ask around in the live bearer section they will probz be more help :)

kind regards liam m

omg! forgot sword tails they would probz be your best bet! :)

kind regards liam m