Opal Gourami Tankmates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Chrs

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys keep with your Opal Gouramis. I'm thinking about putting one in my 20 gallon tank along with some cories and ottos. What Else could I put in there? I'm not fixed on the cories and ottos though,so those could be taken off the list.

opaline gourami is a just another colour morph of the golden gourami so... i keep my golden gouramies with upside down cats bristle noses and a red tail black shark and they get along fine with them. however i have had tiger barbs in the past and between the gg and the shark they killed a school of 10 :( so small fish might be bullied cant garentee that though. gouramies tend to have a wide range of personalities ranging from super agro to placid boardering on shy. i would say that corys/ottos should be fine just make shure they have plenty of hiding places. gouramies can live together, just avoid putting two males in one tank! so mabey 1 male and 2 or 3 females??

hope this helps :p

kind regards liam m

as in mollies, platies, guppies ect?? the mollies and platies should be ok. but guppies might be a tad small and may be picked on. like i said before cant garentee anything :( id probz say you would get away with mollies however they like salty water so.... might be best getting a small school of platies. platies are great hardy colourful active fish just be prepaired for babies :p hope that helps ask around in the live bearer section they will probz be more help :)

kind regards liam m

omg! forgot sword tails they would probz be your best bet! :)

kind regards liam m

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back