Oops, I Did It Again!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gizaroo2

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I brought another betta home...here's the scoop.

I went to the petstore to get bird food for one of my parrots, and as always briefly looked over the bettas. There were several that were in bad shape...I feel so bad for them. 3 crowntails I saw had been tail biting and several others were just sickly. But this one guy, a nice sized VT....I saw him and immediately my brain went "Oh no!". He was so pathetic looking and was having some difficulty swimming it seemed. His little cup was just filthy and he was looking at me with these pleading eyes...He is a peach color with some red/orange on his fins. He has the potential to be a really beautiful fish provided he pulls through! When I first picked him up, it looked like he may have a fungus of some sort, but now that he is out of that cup, it was just junk that had settled on him. Every time I walked by him he made the effort to swim around his little cup! I debated with myself as I need another betta right now like I need a hole in my head...Why do I have to be so tender hearted?! So, I walked around the store a bit more, got the things I needed, then went back to him. I have a 1.5 gal tank ( a little Aqueon that I need to find the top for now) that I have some of my small java ferns in to keep them going...Well, I just rearranged that and it is now his temporary home. I had an extra heater floating around, but I don't have a filter. I figured since he is so long finned, and the tank is small, (a filter would just cause issues with his tail) that I'll just maintain the tank with frequent water changes. What's another small tank added to my cleaning list? I just couldn't resist....*sigh* So, in addition to my bird food, I bought another thermometer, an anubis plant and the new fish.

When I first got him home, I immediately changed half the water in his little cup, and he perked up immensely.

Now, enough with my rambling, here's some photos!

Here's him in his cup.

2012-01-14161227.jpg

2012-01-14162632.jpg

2012-01-14162659.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395-1.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

And in his new home.

He perked up SOO much after putting him in here. He's patrolling like crazy, and swims up to the glass every time I walk by!
He even ate a pellet tonight. I couldn't believe it.

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414-1.jpg

IMG_0418-1.jpg

IMG_0419-1.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

He's hard to get pics of as he won't hold still! But here's a video that shows more or less his true coloring.

Video of Tango

Why are there no shops near me that have different colours beside the norm blue and red :( i wish i had money :( but my money has been spent on zoro :)

Ours hadn't gotten a new shipment of betta s in...I thymink they've been delayed. But they do have a pretty nice variety.

I can't believe I brought home a 4th betta lol.

Ours hadn't gotten a new shipment of betta s in...I thymink they've been delayed. But they do have a pretty nice variety.

Psch - I have 6! And I'm planning on getting 2 more for the bachelorette tank as soon as my girls are bigger! And possibly another male... Just depends on if I find a stunning male!

my pet shop has all kinds :) the betta i have is primarily black with red fins and blue/green iridescence all over. i've never seen an apricot one tho, your betta is beautiful, gizaroo. his fins are so long! do you know how old he is?

Psch - I have 6! And I'm planning on getting 2 more for the bachelorette tank as soon as my girls are bigger! And possibly another male... Just depends on if I find a stunning male!

I didn't really have a spot for him...conscripted my extra plants tank to keep him in haha. But I bought an Aqueon Evolve 2 today for him...Will set it up tomorrow and just get rid (put into storage) the 1.5 gal he is in. My parents are probably going to flip when they see I have a 4th. So far they haven't discovered him lol. ( I think they'd just sigh and shake their heads when they find it lol. If they notice at all.)

When ma saw my bettas, all she had to say? "Why can't we just have one fish tank like normal people...."

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back