Online Plant Retailers in Canada

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

powerdyne6

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Curious who everyone recommends for online plant sales in Canada. Looking primarily for floating plants.

Thanks

I have always relied on local aquarium stores. And most of these plants were acquired in the late 1990's, and reproduced regularly. I would certainly never order plants from outside Canada, as the delays at the border are very lengthy, if they even allow the plants through. Works the opposite way too, sending plants from Canada to the US. Invasive plants is a big issue these days.

Finding aquarists with plants to sell/trade/give away in Canada may be your bst option. See if you have a local fish club, there are two in Vancouver for example, and I bought my chain swords there in the 1990's.

Like @Byron , I have plants I bought in local clubs. Some in the 1990s, some a few weeks ago. There's a local aquarist (New Brunswick) who sells plants, and she is having a lot of trouble getting floaters. I got some very expensive Riccia from her, and it has begun to take. She sells at fair market prices, but plants that were cheap before the pandemic have stayed very expensive after.
It took me forever to track down Najas/guppy grass.
So the post is hopefully not just a lot of nothing. I can't suggest an online seller as I don't use any, but I can suggest the common floaters don't seem to be on the stocklists when I have tried to get them.
Don't even consider a US or overseas seller. The import laws are strict and hard to navigate. Fish are easy but plants are tough to bring in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back