Online fish buying?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ericag90

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so my tank is ready for more cichlids! I have 6 right now but it looks lonely in there lol! I personally donā€™t care for any of my local pet stores and was wondering if anyone had any online sites that have good reviews on fish? Never bought fish online before!

I have bought fish online. I have bought from LIveaquaria and wetspot. Both have lots of fish choices..much more than most local fish store . Liveaquaria online site is laid out better.

I did find though that I did lose some of the fish shortly after receiving but both stores give full refund on the cost of the nonsurviving fish. Overnight shippping is very expensive but if you are buying a lot of fish and are buying harder to find fish, it might be worth it to you. Be sure to acclimate the fish to improve survival rate.

Quick question....I have gravel now and am looking to buy new....BUTTT I am curious as to sand??? I was told by a lady that cichlids prefer sand? Iā€™m just worried it is going to be more of a hassle to clean? Maybe a mixture of the 2??

Don't try to use sand and gravel, they get mixed up and it just turns into a big mess. Either use sand or gravel but not both.

I find sand easier to clean than gravel. The mess just sits on top of the sand so all you have to do is move the siphon in little circles about half an inch above the sand and this lifts the mess into the water and straight into the tube. You will suck up some sand, especially at first, but just rinse it under the tap and put it back in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back