online equipment

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rlcny

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm setting up an aquarium with some equipment that I've had stored and have sadly learned that the independent store that I used to count on is, at least for now, not in service. I need bits and pieces like 1/4 inch and airline hose. Inserts for a filter. I need water testing supplies. The franchises that are available locally disappoint.

Which online vendors are recommended?

Thx, Bobbie

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you put down your location, people in your area might be able to offer advice. Otherwise you could get responses from companies on the opposite side of the globe who don't ship to your area. :)

Alternatively, just ask your local pet shop to order some stuff in for you.

I order my test kits from Amazon. Cheaper than the Lfs and with Amazon Prime I get my things in 2 days.

I buy all of my fish supplies from either....

• My LFS
  • PetCo or PetSmart (no fish)
  • Or amazon.
These are the best choices in my option. :)

Thank you all for answering me. Amazon! Have ordered an API test kit and 2 Python siphons.

I'm in the Catskill Mountains in NY. My 20 gallon long sits on my desk with its short end towards an east facing window. Algae control is obviously a consideration. My well water is clean, soft, and alkaline. There's a queen-of-the forest white oak on the ground that came down last fall in a violent wind that I'm eying for possible use to bring down the pH. A 5 and a 2 1/2 gl are moving around empty while I commit to placement and lecture myself about getting too complicated. Patience! Routine and lots of testing.

LFS? Local fish store?

Anyway, surprisingly excited here about resurrecting my former guppy empire and I see that this site is vast and well worth exploring.

Thanks again, Bobbie

Yes, LFS is local fish store. Glad to have you here!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back