Omg My Poor Rutilans

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
I cleared out the rutilans tank the other day and was so sad to discover none there , not even any bodies
Seeing as we're going on hols tomorrow hubby said he would empty the tank out now that i've got all the shrimps and snails finally cleared out of the tank so he emptied the little fluval 1+ filter and found all 4 rutilans in there , 3 ALIVE :hyper: unfortunalty 1 dead :-(
I haven't got a clue how they got in there , i know they are really thin like eels but fluval 1+'s are so tiny it's beyond me

The poor little things have been without heat , food or filtering for 4-5 days , the rescued ones have now moved into the Rena 30 with my betta splendens so they can come on hols with me and be looked after - he isn't taking any notice of them cos they are only skinny like eels and dont look like bettas - no flowy fins - not sure wether they can cross breed though :huh:

Just happy to see them alive and eating - poor babies ate as soon as i acclimatised them to the water and added them

I feel so bad for them - i never knowingly neglect my fish :no:

my rutilans
th_1236.jpg

If my wife has no leathered silk stockings, I leather them for her so that I have something to put over the inlet of my filter systems.... It is unbelieveable how hard some of these filters can suck....

If my wife has no leathered silk stockings, I leather them for her so that I have something to put over the inlet of my filter systems.... It is unbelieveable how hard some of these filters can suck....

lol your poor wife
just thought the filter was too small , they're now in with a stingray 5 which is totally foam and i have a stingray in my shrimp tank and it dont suck in the shrimps so they'll be fine in there
they are hiding in the coconut cave now poor things must be sooo stressed

Yea... I know the stingrays... good choice.... it's got slots and not just an open hole like most other filters. kinda reduce the velocity through the ports.

Yea... I know the stingrays... good choice.... it's got slots and not just an open hole like most other filters. kinda reduce the velocity through the ports.

i dont use th silly cartridges though replace them with more sponge and floss great little filters :good:

Aww bless, cheeky little guys getting in there! Hope they all recover hun, and sorry you lost one :(

(I stuff my stingrays full of sponges too, hehe)

they have regained their lovely bright red colour this morning and are eating again so hopefuly should be ok :clap:

one of my young mollies got stuck in the filter the other day, luckily recovered had it in a jam jar for 2 days so others didnt pick on it. I removed the net round the filter as a baby mollie got in the net and that died! cant win!

Wow that would of been the last place i would of looked. You are really lucky you had some alive still they must of been straving

they are doing very well now - awaiting a delivery of some friends into local maidenhead aquatics to join them

Most reactions

trending

Back