Omg I Found My Tank!

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
So I have been looking for a second tank. well ok 4th tank but I don't count the 10 hospital tank or my 5 gal betta tank. I found a 55 gal acrylic with nice light wood stand and canopy. I nearly peeed my pants it is beautiful and only
$100 filter heater and all. Omg I'm so excited my husbands not but I can not pass this up. I will post pics when I get it. I was trying to talk this lady into selling me a 55 gal basic walmart set up not filter for $100 she would not do it. then I find this deal tonight.

Now all I need to find now are some blue acaras for it. Oh man I hope this all works out. :hyper:
 
So I have been looking for a second tank. well ok 4th tank but I don't count the 10 hospital tank or my 5 gal betta tank. I found a 55 gal acrylic with nice light wood stand and canopy. I nearly peeed my pants it is beautiful and only
$100 filter heater and all. Omg I'm so excited my husbands not but I can not pass this up. I will post pics when I get it. I was trying to talk this lady into selling me a 55 gal basic walmart set up not filter for $100 she would not do it. then I find this deal tonight.

Now all I need to find now are some blue acaras for it. Oh man I hope this all works out. :hyper:
Thats awesome!

Did you find it on Craigslist? That is where I got my tank for dirt cheap.

-FHM
 
He took it off craigslist So I thought he sold it. I was bummed out, then he e-mailed me telling me he still has it. I just have to talk my husband into it. It's not easy but I think I almost have him. He thinks I'm crazy to want another tank. He has no idea what a good deal this is because he is not into fish. It's 40"L 20W" 23" deep. Perfect size if you ask me.

I have big plans for it.

For all the Americans Yes craigslist.com is the best. Does the UK have one too?
 
Well someone got that tank before me. But I'm getting a glass 55 gal tank with nice stand hood with light for $60. Now I just need to figuar out what to put in it. I might try salt water.
 
He took it off craigslist So I thought he sold it. I was bummed out, then he e-mailed me telling me he still has it. I just have to talk my husband into it. It's not easy but I think I almost have him. He thinks I'm crazy to want another tank. He has no idea what a good deal this is because he is not into fish. It's 40"L 20W" 23" deep. Perfect size if you ask me.

I have big plans for it.

For all the Americans Yes craigslist.com is the best. Does the UK have one too?

There is not really a true craigslist in the UK, that I have found, I know what you mean as I lived in NY in 2003 and was a good place to look tfor tickets to Rangers games! I even went to Games 2, 5 and 7 of the 2003 Stanley cup though unfortunately it was the nearby Devils rather than the rangers who won that, but game 2 was my son's first NHL game live!!

in the UK I tend to look at gumtree, sunlocal and of course aquarist-classifieds plus a few others occasionally

StatMan
 
I remember the bitter rivalry, COME ON DEVILS :).

Anyway i wish there was something similar :(
 
So I got my 55 gal thank. It is slowly being put together. I put my laterite and sand substrates in and I bought some bog wood 2 med size and one large. They are soaking. My filter is not here yet but should be this week so I can start my cycling. Yes fishless. I will post some photos once I get my rock work together. Putting this tank together is so much fun because a have a plan. My 36 gal I just throw together fast it looks good but not perfect. This 55 gal is going to be my masterpiece. I'm taking my time with this one to get it right.

So I got my 55 gal thank. It is slowly being put together. I put my laterite and sand substrates in and I bought some bog wood 2 med size and one large. They are soaking. My filter is not here yet but should be this week so I can start my cycling. Yes fishless. I will post some photos once I get my rock work together. Putting this tank together is so much fun because a have a plan. My 36 gal I just throw together fast it looks good but not perfect. This 55 gal is going to be my masterpiece. I'm taking my time with this one to get it right.

Oh I would love to see other peoples tanks that they are proud of.
 
congratulations..a new tank always brings excitement :)

hope all goes to plan,looking forward to photos :)

shelagh xxx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top