Omg I Found A Tank On The Park

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
I was walking the dog today with my mate and spotted a tank just dumped there its fairly dirty but can be cleaned easy so i was talking to a man and he drove it to my house i measured it and its 3ft long. I have pictures but im on the itouch at the minute so i will post pictures up tonight. Its in the backgarden atm to check its water tite. The big man upstairs must be looking out for me!
 
:lol: nice find.

Once you've checked its water tight, clean it with 10 parts water to 1 part bleach solution, then rinse thoroughly, that way you can ensure there are no nasties lurking in it :good:
 
Ok i will do. Got to try and make my dad let me keep it then i would sell the arc use the 3ft as a planted dp tank :) and the hex for the betta ofc. But time will tell
 
Nice find! :o Cant believe people just dump stuff like that, but good that you found it, fingers crossed its water tight.
 
Seems to be water tight. My dad wont let me put it up in my room though, so I don't know what to do now. :(
 
Do you have anywhere you could store it for now? Another tank would be handy to have for the future, you never know when you might need a nice big fry tank? Or use it for the DP, then save the smaller one in storage for fry/hospital/emergency?

I hope your dad comes around to the idea of another tank, could the two of you plan & stock it together in the lounge as a compromise maybe?
 
In the lounge we have a 3ft malawi tank and a 35l arc cycling that are his lol, im hoping he will let me use it for a planted dp tank. But if not I will be giving it away for free. :good:
 
bagu, you're a genius lol! Would be perfect for a pair of nellies baby channa, i'll have a couple spare in a few months :)
 
awsome find id make it into a tank that has nothing but tons of bogwood filled to the brim and then have shrimp and loads of small fish swimming through all the gaps.
 
I have no room in my bedroom though, seriously its tiny! And I have 3 tanks in it now (35l arc, around 35l hex, 95 ltr elite) and the whole reason my room got redone was to give me more room, now its full with tanks haha.
 
Good find mate.

I was doing some gardening at the GF's house last week and at the back of her garden theirs a dirt path (over grown) where I found a 1ft tank. After checking it thought I found a crack in the bottom :( we can't all have your luck lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top