omg holes !!!!!

Angel03

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a fish in a breeding box with a hole in the side off it with all its insides bulging out ,its my baby molly only about 4 months old , now ive seen a tetra with that looks likes the same thing , whats happening :(

Angel, that HORRIBLE!!! Could someone have bitten him? And the Neon? That's the only explanation I can think of if this is a sudden thing????

Was it sudden? Do you have a fish that could do something like that???

Sorry, I'm not much help :dunno:

petshop johnny said:
I believe your fish had a parasite that bore its way out via its intestines.squeeze them and find out
Yeah, I GUESS! :crazy:
whatever you do, don't squeeze your molly. I would go to wal mart and buy one of those cheapo 5 gallon hex's (put some of your gravel from your old tank in to it) and put the molly in there. although I doubt there is much you can do for your molly, you could try buying some anti fungal medicine. the main priority is to get it out of your tank and not let it infect your other fish.
I terribly sorry about your fish, but these things happen no matter how hard we try to stop them. :sad:

you said you see some pufffed up areas.... well do you see those spots the scales are sort of whitish color and sort of like flicks sticking out?

that fish may infest your whole tank... isolate with all the fish at once

Thanks for the replys , she is still alive but just sits on the bottom of the tank , but on some fish i can see very tiny black things like very tiny worms , i found one on my guppy this morning , the hole well lump i should say is white it has no scales on it but has stuff coming out of it which i said could have been its insides , im hopin that its not catchable , can't bere it if i lost all my fish :(

Ok an update on my poor molly , not sure what to do , seems like the food its eatings is coming out of the hole at the side of its body , she has started to swim around but is realy thin , will it be in pain ? i dont think what the other fish have is anchor worms as they are a light colour so i read not black and anchor worms are long these are very tiny ,what should i do with my poor molly put it to sleep or see if it gets better ? :( :/

i haven't got the heart to kill it , she is still swimming around and eating any ideas enyone should i let it go or let it live :unsure: :unsure:

OK well my fish with the hole in it seems to be fine now , shes filling out now as before she went really thin , but still have this problem with these small black speaks on the fish which seem to make the fish sick , i sure its not anchor worms as anchor worms are long these are very tiny and short , it looks like this on the fish >'< just a small black line

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back