Old wives tale ???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

McRic

Reaction score
I read different things on the forums about fish could grow too lage for the tank, I thought they say that your fish will only grow to a comfortable size of its surroundings, an old wives tale I take it???

Another wee question while I'm here what other kind of fish can I keep with my current stock and what should limit be for amounts of fish in a 3ft tank and a nother for good measure what would a 3ft tank be classed as in gallons.

Cheers

It's a tale.

The fish get stunted. Their body stops growing, and their organs continue to grow. It's quite cruel. :/

I would probably add a few more tiger barbs because they like to be in larger groups. This will also cut down their aggresion towards other fish.

:)

The fish get stunted. Their body stops growing, and their organs continue to grow. It's quite cruel.
So they eventually die of 'internal compression' so to speak. Many people think this is true and thereafter put gold fish into tiny bowls that are really only suited for a betta. A full size goldfish will need 20 gallons.

As for your tank, measure it in inches: L * W * H * 0.00433 = how many gallons your tank is.

Ok, I would also add (now depending on how many gallons your tank is) more lamp eye tetras (red eye), harlaquins and tiger barbs

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back