Ok well he's gone

I feel for you. I know there is nothing I can say to make the hurt go away. But always know that you gave him everything you could...A good home, food, water, toys, but most importantly...A best friend. You were there for him in his final hours and I'm sure that meant the world to him. Cherish those memories of him and hold them close to you. Know that he is in a better place and that one day you will be together again. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :rip:

Im so sorry BG. I know how bad it can hurt. I've had 2 dogs taken from me in my life. There is nothing no one can say...maybe in time you will be able to open your heart to another dog. Of course it will never take the place of the original. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Just know that he is in a better place now, running where there is no leashes and a huge yard. *hugs*

Tiffany

Awww...BIG Hugs to you. When I was a child my dog got ran over, and I was the one to find it. It was gut wrenching. I could not speak. I can really relate to what you are going through. I still remember and miss him to this day. I'm so sorry he passed on. Now he is in peace and pain free. I know that does not help much but at least maybe you can find some comfort in it. :-(

Give yourself time and it gets easier to deal with. Although, we never forget, the pain will lessen with time.

BG.....the most important part, is that he knew he was loved. I am sorry about your loss. :byebye:

chris

Bg-
Loosing a pet is so hard. Many times we have made them apart of our lives. They love us and look up to us. It will be a while before your heart stops feeling so crushed. You will never get over it. In time you will heal, but always feel a pang when you think of your pet.
Whenever one of our lovies passes, we usually get another pup or cat. It wont replace the one we lost, but it is so hard to be sad when tehre's a puppy or a kitten running around!

A friend of mine just lost her GreyHound to cancer week before last. She has made a memory garden for her pets. Everytime one passes, she burines them in the garden and plants a rose-or whatever kind of flower in honor of their life. Everytime she looks out her window- she see's the garden with birds and butterlies all around.
Many people dont have the land to do this unfortunately, :( but, you could buy a flower in a pot and place it in your window- or a humming bird feeder- anything that will bring you joy when you look at it.

Here is a poem I wrote for a friend that lost her pup. Hope it helps a bit. :wub:

dearest one,
lay your head down here.
close your weary eyes and rest.
in my arms you'll make this journey.
it was not your fault, it was not mine.
i pray you will forgive me, i pray in time i'll see.
there was no other way, that this had to be.
my child, you were my rock, you made my soul as nothing else.
you, you were a light, a bright and shining beacon.
but now, you must flee.
take this token, my heart with you.
your name ill whisper as night falls and i drift to sleep.
as silently you slip into that same night, your howl, welcoming the ages.
my dearest one, you were wild so many moons past, but now, now you are to rejoin the pack.
there is no bridge for you to cross, only an unbeaten trail of the wildest dreams.
the rainbow they speak of, is the moon so full of memory.
flee, leave this place, in my arms you'll pass, in my heart, you shall remain.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back