ocelot tiger gobies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dhjaksu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
just wanting as much information as possible on ocelot tiger gobies. I don't know if this is the best forum to ask about them as I don't even know if they are brackish water or not.
anyway, my local aquarium shop has them and I think they are just so cute so I want to know as much as possible about them. Do they need brackish water? Minimum tank size? Kept in groups? Community tank fish?

just wanting as much information as possible on ocelot tiger gobies. I don't know if this is the best forum to ask about them as I don't even know if they are brackish water or not.
anyway, my local aquarium shop has them and I think they are just so cute so I want to know as much as possible about them. Do they need brackish water? Minimum tank size? Kept in groups? Community tank fish?
Had a quick google and they look like a type of Bumble Bee Cichlid. Looks like Glasers are importing them, if your LFS uses Glasers, well done they know what they are doing :D https://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/fish-archives/brachygobius-sp-ocelot/

From what I can see and based on other bumble bee gobies, they are a harder water and are usually quite hardy with no real preference on numbers but a small group will suit most tanks. Just dont keep it with anything likely to eat them as they are only small.

Wills

I don't know anything about these ones, but I have kept Bumble Bee Gobies before and consider them to do best with a little salt added to their tank and I class them as a species only fish, so they are not suitable for a community tank.

Had a quick google and they look like a type of Bumble Bee Cichlid. Looks like Glasers are importing them, if your LFS uses Glasers, well done they know what they are doing :D https://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/fish-archives/brachygobius-sp-ocelot/

From what I can see and based on other bumble bee gobies, they are a harder water and are usually quite hardy with no real preference on numbers but a small group will suit most tanks. Just dont keep it with anything likely to eat them as they are only small.

Wills
Ok thanks. Do you know if they need brackish water? And would a group of 4 or 5 work in a heavily planted 5 gallon tank?

My water has a ph of 8.0-8.4 and going by the fact that no reasonable amount of botanicals can get my ph under 8.0 I assume it’s fairly hard. Still one the look out for a pet shop that will test my kh and gh because I don’t want to buy test things for it.

Ok thanks. Do you know if they need brackish water? And would a group of 4 or 5 work in a heavily planted 5 gallon tank?

My water has a ph of 8.0-8.4 and going by the fact that no reasonable amount of botanicals can get my ph under 8.0 I assume it’s fairly hard. Still one the look out for a pet shop that will test my kh and gh because I don’t want to buy test things for it.
pH like that and hard water, I would skip the salt. 4 or 5 would be fine. These are small fish so I would go for seven or something. Give them lots of protection as the males can get stroppy.

I don't know anything about these ones, but I have kept Bumble Bee Gobies before and consider them to do best with a little salt added to their tank and I class them as a species only fish, so they are not suitable for a community tank.
Ok thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back