Ocean Rock

........And don't forget the fish index (that includes me as i haven't written my Demasoni article yet :blush: )

Just after setting it up:
Tank001.jpg

A few weeks later:
DSC03876.jpg

50kg ocean rock - paid £90 for it from my LFS

The rock is now getting a nice colour due to algae,far better than the bleached rock when first setup.
Looking good Go_fish. :good:

I've got 40kg of Ocean Rock in my tank now. Its looking quite good. Need to take some photo's with a decent camera as my camera phone gives the impression that the water isn't as clear as it is!

Is ocean rock cheap in the states? Anyone know? Can you only get it from LFS? I like that look! :wub:

Got a clearish shot of it last night. Not the best pic, waiting for my other T5 bulb to arrive as only have one working at the moment.

04122006551.jpg

The filters hanging in there are from my old tank to help establish this new one.

That stuff is damn expensive at the LFS! (Texas holy rock that is)

Got a clearish shot of it last night. Not the best pic, waiting for my other T5 bulb to arrive as only have one working at the moment.

04122006551.jpg

The filters hanging in there are from my old tank to help establish this new one.

Lovely stack of Rock there, can not say that there is enuff hiding places for the little guys :good:

Out of curiousity, what tank is that?

Its not an off the shelf tank. It was made by a company somewhere in Chorley. My mate bought it new about a year ago and used it for marine for about 4 months then decided to go back to freshwater but he didn't ever actually put anything in it. So I offered to buy it off him.

Its about 200 litres (UK). Its over 3 foot across the front. With it being quite tall I've been able to stack the rocks higher so that they do make use of the height :)

Most reactions

Back